- Company: ActionAid Zambia
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Zambia
VACANCY ANNOUCEMENT AT ActionAid Zambia
PROJECT MANAGER – ADOLESCENT AND YOUTH REPRODUCTIVE HEALTH – (NATIONALS)
ActionAid Zambia (AAZ) is part of the ActionAid Global (AAG) Federation; sharing common values and aims to drive social change towards a just, equitable and sustainable world. AAZ works with marginalized and excluded women and young people, their organizations and movements to address the structural causes of social injustice, gender inequality and poverty.
ActionAid Zambia is implementing a project aimed at promoting access to sexual reproductive health services. The project aims at contributing to the government effort’s in ensuring effective delivery of sexual and reproductive health in and out of school, adolescents and young people including those living with disabilities, therefore, is seeking to recruit an experienced and suitably qualified individual to fill the position of Project Manager – Adolescent and Youth Reproductive
Health; Duration: 2 Years Contract; Location: Lusaka – with frequent travel.
Purpose of the Role
The Project Manager – Adolescent and Youth Reproductive Health will be responsible for leading successful integration and promotion of Sexual Reproductive Health Rights (SRHR) within AAZ’s programme thematic areas in line with the Country Strategy Paper. He/she shall demonstrate ambition and desire to promote feminism as an ideology, an approach to programming and a part of the organizational culture, driving the values and approaches of AAZ’s programming from a feminist perspective. The holder will also be expected to build capacity of partners, adolescents on Sexual Reproductive Health Rights (SRHR).
- Lead in designing programmatic and policy initiatives for the advancement of youth Sexual Reproductive Health Rights (SRHR) at local, national, and international levels
- Undertake capacity building efforts on the delivery of youth SRHR services for peer educators
- Develop annual project workplan and budgets and develop progress reports on a monthly, quarterly, and bi-annual reports on the performance of the project.
- Manage partners and hold project partners meetings quarterly and produce reports on partner performance
- Review and analyse progress reports and recommend appropriate interventions to build capacity of partners working on SRHR
- Provide leadership in maintaining and strengthening ties between Partners working on SRHR and ActionAid Zambia
- Support the undertaking of the pre-award audits and partnership agreement closeout processes
- Provide technical support in development of fundraising proposals focusing on SRHR
- Support partners to undertake activities on the promotion of Sexual Reproductive Health Rights (SRHR) in the project implementation areas ensuring adherence to the recommended standards
- Support and Facilitate advocacy engagements with key stakeholders including policy makers on SRHR
- Prepare periodic reports (monthly, quarterly, semi-annually, and annually) in line with the laid down requirements ensuring quality and timeliness
- Perform any other assigned duties
- A bachelor’s degree in Nursing, Public Health, Adolescent Health, Community Health, or other related field from a recognized University.
- A minimum of four (4) years post-academic experience working on the promotion of SRHR at middle management level and a good understanding of the Health sector in Zambia
- Demonstrable experience in leading and working within influential coalitions and networks.
- Demonstrable experience in advocacy and campaigns on SRHR
- Demonstrable experience in building capacity of partners and staff on SRHR
- Experience of managing partnership relationships; and
- Understanding of different donor requirements and ways of working.
- Strong relationship building skills and ability to manage relationships with partners or stakeholders across the organization
- Ability to contribute to a high performing team
- Flexible approach to work, willing to play a full role in ensuring the success of the team
- Can make clear, concise, and accurate presentations, and dialogue and consultation with partners and project team members.
- Has strong writing skills, for project reports and all project type documents.
- Strong skills in various IT packages including Microsoft, Excel, and SPSS; as well as virtual communication platforms for dialogue and conferencing such as Skype, Webinar mediums and others
- Strong communication and negotiation skills
- Ability to cope with partnerships dynamics by employing an inclusive approach to deal with different of partners.
Other Required Competences
- Able to work with minimum supervision and effectively guides programme in strategic processes such as strategic planning
- Able to utilise relevant participatory methodologies to engage broad range of stakeholders, staff and partners.
- Observes relevant cultural practices that reinforce mutual respect and effective engagement
- Able to pilot and demonstrate implementation of alternatives
- Outcome orientation Meets set targets within set time frame and targets of high quality Organisational understanding
- Demonstrates clear understanding of the Human-Rights based approach and feminist values and principles
- Ability to support and guide country programme through strategy processes such as developing of country strategy, partnership choices and programme approaches.
To apply, please send a cover letter and Curriculum Vitae highlighting how you match the criteria in the Job Description to the following email address; email@example.com;
Alternatively, applications can be sent to The Human Resources Department, ActionAid Zambia, P.O Box 51407, Lusaka. Closing date for receipt of applications is Wednesday 9th June 2021 at 17:00 hours.
ActionAid is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified women below the age of 35 years are encouraged to apply. Please Note: While we value all applications, we can only respond to short listed candidates. ActionAid’s Website: www.actionaid.org/zambia