- Company: CARE Zambia
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Zambia
CARE Zambia an International Non-Governmental relief and development organization with various projects in Central, Copperbelt, Eastern, Muchinga, Luapula, Lusaka, Northern, North-western, and Southern provinces of Zambia, has the following vacancies available at Head Office in Lusaka;
Job Title: Accounting Coordinator
Reports to: Finance Manager
Type of Contract: Fixed Term
The primary role of the Finance Coordinator is to ensure complete and accurate financial data, records and proper documentation are maintained by the Country Office (CO). S/He coordinates the processing of all financial data in the system in a timely manner to assist management in meeting donor compliance and other statutory requirements. S/He is a key participant in the management of the day-to-day financial operations at the Country Office level by coordinating activities including vendor payments, cash receipts, payroll journal entries, accruals and other adjusting journal entries as well as account reconciliations. S/He supports annual audit preparations including Project specific audits monthly cash flow planning and funds requests preparations including the required banking services
The Finance Coordinator will also be responsible for review of transactions in the general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable and cash management. Within the general ledger, he/she will review certain GL journal entries such as payroll and spreadsheet uploads from disconnected sub-offices. Within accounts payable, s/he ensures advances are settled timely and substantiated adequately, and s/he reviews transactions such as spreadsheet uploads. Within accounts receivable, s/he ensures that payments received by the Country Office are deposited and recorded properly.
|Area of delivery||Scope and expected outcomes|
|Data Processing and Accounting (30%)||
|Month End Closure process||
|Banking and Treasury||
|Staff Management and capacity building||
Qualification, Experience and Competencies:
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, Finance or Business Management or related field
- Certified Public Accountant, Chartered Accountant, Certified Management Accountant or other relevant accounting profession certification is desired.
- Must be a paid up member of ZICA – Zambia Institute of Chartered Accountants
- Ability to work effectively as part of office team and coordinate with a variety of stakeholders, maintaining harmonious and productive working relationships
- Excellent and demonstrable writing and communication skills
- Excellent facilitation skills to conduct training sessions for small, medium and large sized groups
- Excellent skills in computer applications
- Team player- willing to work with country office teams to achieve desirable results
- Customer oriented – internal and external
This role is expected to establish and maintain open, professional, and cordial relations with the COs internal and external customers. These include and not limited to.
- Finance Manager, Awards and Seaward Coordinator, Awards accountants, Program Managers and other CO program staff; Shared Service Center; RMU, program support teams
- Government agencies /, Other organizations (peer organizations)
Suitably qualified and interested members of the public are invited to apply. Application letters accompanied by detailed CVs and daytime contact numbers should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing Date: 20th June, 2021
CARE is an Equal Opportunity Employer promoting gender, equity, and diversity. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.