- Company: Vision Aid Overseas (VAO)
- Location: Zambia
- State: Petauke
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Zambia
Job Title: Finance and Admin Officer
Location: Petauke, Zambia
Reports to: Country Director
Contract terms : 20 Months
Leave: 38 days holiday per annum including public holidays
Travel requirements: Extensive domestic travel
About Vision Aid Overseas
Vision Aid Overseas (VAO) is a UK-based charity, with a focus on fighting poverty by transforming access to eye care services in developing countries in Africa. The charity was established in 1985 following a visit of British optical professionals to Tanzania where they held a series of clinics to provide eye tests and spectacles to patients in poor and marginalised communities.
Our work focuses on the development of services for uncorrected refractive error and primary eye health. Uncorrected refractive error is the world’s leading cause of avoidable visual impairment, with an estimated 670 million people affected worldwide.
We develop programmes that integrate training, primary eye care and facility developments into national and regional eye care plans, seeking always to be responsive to local need. In this way, we help children to learn and adults to earn so that they can provide for their families.
To learn more about us visit our website at www.visionaidoverseas.org
Vision Aid Overseas is a UK-based International NGO, whose vision is “no one lives in poverty because of poor eyesight; no one lives with poor eyesight because of poverty”. The purpose of this Contract is for provision Services as finance officer listed under duties and responsibilities.
- Processing and signing of payment vouchers for Bank Transfers and cash payments. Ensuring payments are made on time and invoices are checked and accurate. Checking that all expenditure is covered by relevant funding agreement and budget allocation.
- Maintaining the petty cash and ensuring all balances are reconciled before replenishment, with all due accounting and security precautions.
- Preparation of bank account reconciliation.
- Preparation of end of month accruals and prepayment figures
- With the Country Director and Head Office Programmes Finance Officer, preparation of quarterly and annual budgets.
- Ensuring the secure management of all data files and the appropriate filing of the electronic and hard copies of the financial documents and reports.
- Preparation of a monthly country project return, with all necessary supporting documentation (invoices, bank drafts and bank exchange), and submission to Country Director and Finance Officer in the UK.
- Provide clear and detailed explanation on variance on budget Vs expenditure, escalating any queries and risks to Country Director and Head Office Programmes Finance Officer as appropriate.
- Regular monitoring of the bank account(s).
- Maintenance of payment records of all invoices received and payee statement records for all suppliers and do internal audit and assist by preparing folder for external auditor.
- Payments of all regular area office expenses such as office rental, telephone bills, advances, etc.
- Payment of statutory obligations such as PAYE, NAPSA and NHIMA Contributions
- Procurement of Country Office requirements, ensuring that procurement policy is followed and supporting documentation retained for audit.
- Ensures sufficient availability of funds in the office bank accounts and cash by liaising with the appropriate interlocutors.
- Run monthly payroll documents for all staff.
- Management of leave plans for all staff.
- Making necessary arrangements for visitors and teams of professional volunteers visiting Zambia e.g., confirmation of travel plans and bookings for accommodation.
- Monthly Project Returns
- Quarterly Budget Plans for funds replenishments
- Payroll documents
The successful consultant will work under the supervision of the Country Director and Programme Finance Officer (in UK)
- 3+ years’ work experience in areas of accounting, budgeting, financial analysis, and payroll.
- Computer literate with excellent experience in MS Excel, MS word, MS PowerPoint, internet browsers and accounting packages.
- Experience in a finance role for an INGO or non-profit will be an added advantage.
- Diploma/Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting.
All applications should be addressed to the Country Director and submitted by email on firstname.lastname@example.org
Friday 11th June 2021 at 17h. All applications received after this date will not be entertained.