- Company: Sanlam Life Insurance Zambia Limited
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Zambia
Reporting to the General Manager – Corporate Business the incumbent will be responsible for the setting up and maintenance of accurate computerized accounting records for group life assurance schemes, manage top part of Revenue Assurance which include generation and passing of invoices, maintaining member statements, collect and allocate premiums to schemes and prepare reports for Corporate business.
- Setting up and maintenance of the accounting infrastructure in order to provide for the recording of all income and expenditure transactions and facilitate the production of both scheme and Group Accounts, GLA Schemes, Annuities and Medical.
- Communication with Schemes and Brokers on Member Movements.
- Generation Of Invoices
- Dispatching Of Invoices
- Reconciliation of Invoices against received premiums.
- Communication of Exceptions to Schemes & Brokers
- Receipt all premium income for Corporate Business clients
- Record all such entries in the individual schemes’ ledgers
- Process cheques dishonoured by banks
- Reconcile premium income receipted in individual schemes’ ledgers to Finance Department’s books of accounts
- Calculate Admin fees for all schemes, prepare schedule and submit to Finance Department
- Credit Control
- Prepare aged-debtors analysis reports in respect of all group schemes and submit to CB Management & Finance.
- Liaise with CB management on follow ups on outstanding premiums for Schemes and ensure that the non-paying schemes are brought to management’s attention for the necessary decisions
- Any other duties as assigned
Minimum qualifications and experience
- Diploma in relevant field such as Accounting,Business Studies/Pensions Management
- ACII membership will be an added advantage
- At least 3 – 5 years in a demanding Corporate Business department.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft office applications
- Good communication skills both oral and written
Interested candidates who meet the minimum qualifications should apply to the Head of Human Resources, Sanlam Life Insurance Zambia Limited, Zenera House, Corner Lagos and Lubuto Roads P.O. Box 31991, Lusaka Zambia or email to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than Friday 11 June 2021.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.