- Company: CARE Zambia
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Human Resource Management Jobs in Zambia
CARE Zambia an International Non-Governmental relief and development organization with various projects in Central, Copperbelt, Eastern, Muchinga, Luapula, Lusaka, Northern, North-western, and Southern provinces of Zambia, has the following vacancies available at Head Office in Lusaka;
Job Title: Human Resource Manager
Reports to: Country Director
Type of Contract: Fixed Term
Reporting to the Country Director and a member of the Senior Management Team, the overall purpose of the position is to support and contribute to the attainment of the overall CO strategic business plans and objectives through effective management and leadership of the HR function in the Country Office.
The position holder is an effective advisor, communicator and educator on HR procedures, policies, best practices, employment rewards, benefits, and legislation to facilitate in achieving the objectives and targets of the CO.
He/she helps create an enabling and nurturing work environment that makes it easier for employees to deliver consistently superior levels of performance
|Area of delivery||Scope and expected outcomes|
|Strategic Human Resources||
|Staff Development, capacity building and performance management||
|Country Office Climate and Change Management||
|Operational Human Resources||
Qualification, Experience and Competencies:
- Degree in Human Resources Management/ organizational Behavior/ or related field and a Higher Diploma in Human Resource Management.
- Minimum of 5 years senior HR Practitioner experience, including high performance in the full range of human resource management activities (recruitment and selection, performance management, development, talent management, reward, employee relations etc.)
- Proven experience of providing leadership on all HR issues at the same time balancing the strategic role with the need to deliver effective day-to-day HR administration services.
- Must be a member of the Zambia Institute of Human Resources Management – ZIHRM
Knowledge, Skills and Competencies:
- Knowledge and understanding of HR issues related to Gender, Inclusion and Diversity
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge and understanding of HR policies and procedures, and HR best practices
- Strong managerial skills and ability to motivate and inspire team to achieve superior standard in all aspects of human resource management.
- Excellent knowledge of Zambia labor laws
- Ability to resolve issues independently but knows when to refer them to the Country Director.
- Ability to positions HR strategically within Country Office.
- High level of analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong in Managing Performance, Facilitating change
- Listening, coaching and counseling skills.
This role is expected to establish and maintain open, professional, and cordial relations with the Country Office’s internal and external customers. These include and not limited to;
- Country Office teams; Program, Program Support, Teams
- Shared Service Centre, Sub Regional / Regional Office, and Head Quarters
Donors, Government Agencies / Other organizations (peer organizations)
Suitably qualified and interested members of the public are invited to apply. Application letters accompanied by detailed CVs and daytime contact numbers should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing Date: 19th June, 2021
CARE is an Equal Opportunity Employer promoting gender, equity, and diversity. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.