- Company: PATH
- Location: Zambia
- State: Kasama
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Zambia
PATH is a global organization that works to accelerate health equity by bringing together public institutions, businesses, social enterprises, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing health challenges. With expertise in science, health, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales solutions—including vaccines, drugs, devices, diagnostics, and innovative approaches to strengthening health systems worldwide.
PATH is leading a vibrant consortium of Zambian and international organizations that will collaborate closely with Zambia’s MoH, the NTB, the private sector, and other partners to support the eradication of TB in Zambia. Funded by USAID and focusing on six (Copperbelt, Central, Muchinga, Northern, North-Westen and Luapula) of Zambia’s 10 provinces, the five-year Eradicate TB contract aims to increase the number of individuals screened for TB by 50% and increase the TB treatment success rate to 85% in targeted provinces. The four key tasks of Eradicate TB are to:
- Pursue high-quality DOTS expansion and enhancement
- Address TB-HIV, MDR-TB, and the needs of poor and vulnerable populations in six provinces
- Engage all categories of care providers
- Enable and promote research.
PATH is seeking a TB Technical Specialist to be based in Northern Province. The incumbent will work closely with the MoH and provincial health offices to support programming leading towards the eradication of TB. These positions will report to the TB Technical Advisor.
- Build capacity and coordinate roles within a strong technical project team providing technical assistance to the different areas of TB control in Zambia to ensure delivery of high-quality accessible TB services.
- Work with local community partners to ensure: increased understanding of TB; increased demand for services; and increased participation in effective service delivery by relevant groups.
- Work in close collaboration with key personnel to support the increase knowledge of, demand for, and utilization of TB services through more effective advocacy, communication, and Social Mobilization (ACSM).
- Provide support in communities to implement clear, innovative approaches and models for implementing DOTS that build on existing community-based programs and/or leverage resources from other stakeholders to ensure adequate coverage of innovative tools to strengthen diagnostic and treatment capacity in project intervention areas.
- Support the design and implementation of local solutions to increase drug-sensitive and drug-resistant case-finding, especially among vulnerable populations such as PLHIV, women, children, and miners.
- Diploma in Clinical Health Services or equivalent academic degree, MPH desirable.
- Minimum five (05) years of experience in health services provision. Experience in TB control is required.
- Ability to conduct trainings and build capacity in TB control, including DOTS and MDR-TB case-finding, diagnosis, and treatment.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and maintain schedules for deliverables with excellent attention to details.
- Exemplary interpersonal skills to facilitate relations with the Government and local partners.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
- Excellent report writing skills.
- Strong computer skills, including familiarity with Microsoft Office programs.
- Excellent organizational, planning, negotiating and problem-solving skills.
- Familiarity working with international organizations is preferred.
Must have legal authorization to work in Zambia.
PATH is dedicated to building an inclusive workforce where diversity is valued.
PATH is an equal opportunity employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment. PATH does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or orientation, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
PATH.silkroad.com/epostings/index.cfm?fuseaction=app.jobinfo&jobid=305018&company_id=15780&version=1&source=ONLINE&JobOwner=1013258&startflag=1″ target=”_blank” rel=”noopener”>Submit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 30th june, 2021.