- Company: FQM
- Location: Zambia
- State: Solwezi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Construction/Real Estate Jobs in Zambia
To safely execute maintenance work according to the prescribed standards while ensuring the safety of self and others
- Keeps equipment available for use by inspecting and testing vehicles; completing preventive maintenance such as, engine tune-ups, oil changes, tire rotation and changes, wheel balancing, replacing filters.
- Maintains vehicle functional condition by listening to operator complaints; conducting inspections; repairing engine failures; repairing mechanical and electrical systems malfunctions; replacing parts and components; repairing body damage.
- Verifies vehicle serviceability by conducting test drives; adjusting controls and systems.
- Complies with state vehicle requirements by testing engine, safety, and combustion control standards.
- Maintains vehicle appearance by cleaning, washing, and painting.
- Maintains vehicle records by recording service and repairs.
- Keeps shop equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs.
- Contains costs by using warranty; evaluating service and parts options.
- Keeps supplies ready by inventorying stock; placing orders; verifying receipt.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical publications.
- Accomplishes maintenance and organization mission by completing related results as needed
- Provide training and development opportunities for all direct reports on an ongoing basis, with a particular focus on Zambian employees
- Other duties as instructed by the Supervisor
- Full (Grade 12)
- Craft Certificate in HER from recognized institution
- Class C Driver’s License
- A minimum of 3 years relevant experience in a similar role in a Mining environment
- Hands on experience working with CAT and Hitachi trucks
Closing Date : 21st June, 2021.