- Company: GIZ
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Zambia
The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is the implementing agency of the Federal Republic of Germany for technical and international cooperation. It offers flexible, sustainable and effective solutions in political, economic and social change processes. Most of the work of GIZ is commissioned by the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ). GIZ also operates on behalf of other German ministries as well as public and private bodies in Germany and abroad. These include the European Commission, the United Nations, the World Bank and governments of other countries.
The Programme “Promotion of Participation, Access to Justice and Transparency” is funded by the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) and will be promoting dialogue and cooperation between Government institutions and civil society organisations (CSOs) on government reform processes, transparency and poverty reduction issues. The Programme aims at improving the Zambian population’s access to accountable institutions, to justice and to transparent government decision-making processes. It builds on the achievements of the “Civil Society Participation Programme” (CSPP) and the “Programme for Legal Empowerment and Enhanced Justice Delivery“ (PLEED) and will be starting in August 2021.
In order to improve the Programme’s internal and external communication, knowledge management and M&E, GIZ is seeking a suitable candidate for the following position:
Communications and M&E Advisor (based in Lusaka)
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Communication (internal and external): supporting development and implementation of a targeted communication strategy, design and update communication materials, assisting with partner communication and supporting efficient internal communication
- Internal knowledge management: being responsible for internal knowledge management tools and processes (i.e. MS Teams structure, calendars, media archives, etc.)
- Monitoring & Evaluation: being responsible for regular data collection, encourage knowledge sharing and collaborative use of M&E system within the team, coordination with external service providers, reporting in different formats
- Collaborate with management to develop and implement an effective communications strategy for the programme, building on what has been achieved in the previous project phase
- Developing/Designing and maintaining communication materials, such as presentations, factsheets, brochures and banners for the programme
- Developing communication material based on successes of project activities
- Providing support to advisors and partner organisations on corporate design questions
- Preparing infographics on different topics
- Preparing articles for newsletters, content preparation for social media
- Supporting communication with partners (e.g. drafting letters and invitations, press statements, compilation of bi-annual reports, establishing /maintaining link to M&E advisor group, advising how to communicate results and how to follow communication principles outlined by GIZ)
- Preparing and managing the assignments of external consultants
- Ensuring development and maintenance of adequate filing structure in MS Teams and, if necessary, in the Document Management System (DMS)
- Updating internal calendars
- Setting up and maintaining digital media archives including photos and videos & coordinate consultancy assignments related to photography and videography
- Supporting cross-cutting IT topics in the cluster
- Designing, coordinating and implementing the project’s monitoring system based on the projects logframe and indicators
- Developing data collection tools for quantitative and qualitative indicators and collect data for the annual report
- Preparing and coordinating regular monitoring meetings
- Encouraging joint use of M&E system across the team in order to enhance knowledge exchange
- Identifying areas where technical support to project partners is required
- Providing the project management with management information to support adequate steering of the project
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism, Social Sciences, Project Management or a related discipline
- At least five years of professional experience in a comparable position
- Experience in working in the field of media and communications, including knowledge and competence in digital communications
- Experience in designing, implementing, and operating M&E systems from project initiation
- Experience in use of relevant software (e.g. MS Teams, PowerPoint, Excel, graphic design, etc.) and social media skills
- Basic understanding of governance, democracy and human rights
- Experience in the field of international development cooperation or similar organisations desirable
Other knowledge and additional competences:
- Must possess excellent writing skills and be able to compose engaging and accurate content
- Must be a strong communicator who works well independently and with a team and can moderate an event
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint, knowledge of design software such as Indesign, Photoshop is an asset
- Good time management skills and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively in a multicultural and multidisciplinary team
- Fluency in English, both written and oral
- Must be willing to travel within Zambia
- Cover letters must be sent in MS Word format, with using font type Arial, size 11. In the first paragraph, please outline your motivation for applying for the position and explain in the second paragraph your experience with communication, facilitation or graphic design.
- CVs must not exceed three (3) pages and must be submitted in PDF.
- Please submit 1-3 communication products (e.g. fact files, PowerPoint presentations) that you have developed or have been responsible for in a previous position
- Certificates, qualifications, etc. must not be attached to the application.
- Traceable references of previous engagements must be provided.
Please note that only applicants selected for interview will be contacted. GIZ is committed to be an equal opportunities employer, therefore, women and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.