- Company: John Snow Health Zambia Limited
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Zambia
Job Title: Operations Manager
Department/Unit: Finance & Administration
Location: Lusaka, Zambia
Duration: Full-Time position
Reports to: Director of Finance & Administration
The USAID Zambia Accessible Markets for Health (ZAM-Health) Activity is a five-year project to expand the availability and accessibility of high-quality health products and services in the private sector, improve health knowledge, and increase the adoption of healthy and health-seeking behaviors. The program will employ private sector approaches such as marketing, social franchising, and partnerships with for-profit entities to achieve these outcomes. USAID ZAM-Health is implemented by John Snow Health Zambia (JSH) in partnership with JSI Research & Training Institute, Inc. (JSI), Media 365 and PharmAccess.
The Operations Manager is a full-time position based in Lusaka, Zambia. S/he will be responsible for office set up and organization, maintain adequate availability of office supplies, equipment, and related services including fleet management, management and maintenance of property and facilities, overseeing upkeep of premises, safety precautions and outsourced security services. S/he will assist the Director of Finance & Administration with administrative and logistic support services. S/he will report to the Director of Finance & Administration.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Serve as the direct supervisor of the Receptionist, Drivers and other administrative staff as assigned. Manage team coordination and facilitate review of tasks and priorities and develop strategies for addressing identified challenges. Provide coaching, mentoring, and support to supervisees.
- Monitor vehicle logs and perform vehicle fuel and maintenance analysis.
- Coordinate the procurement of materials, supplies and equipment for the office;
- Ensure that staff are well set up and comfortable in the office and surrounding premises;
- Manage the office storage system including detailed record keeping of inventory levels, and monitoring of use by staff as appropriately required;
- Coordinate with Administrative Assistant and other staff to create and maintain administrative files for the office, keeping consistent and in an orderly manner;
- Coordinate all logistical support for staff and consultants including office set up, hotel accommodations, transportation, and conference bookings;
- Liaise with travel agents to obtain reservations and tickets for all project related in – country and international travel;
- Work with the senior management to ensure safety and daily security of office premises;
- Produce and track all Mission travel concurrence requests and approvals;
- Serve as a liaison with office landlord, assisted by the Director of Finance & Administration and / or the Chief of Party, when necessary.
- Manage various service contracts in coordination with the Director of Finance & Administration for both the office and expatriate staff residences including security, drinking water supply, generator maintenance, etc.
- Maintain the office equipment inventory and provide support on annual reconciliations, as well as monthly updates.
- Responsible for communicating with appropriate authorities regarding obtaining the VAT tax exemption certificate.
- Implement and adhere to JSH’s personnel, financial, operations and fraud management policies, and
- Undertake any other responsibilities, tasks or activities as required by the Director of Finance & Administration.
- First degree in business administration, public administration or related field, with at least 7 years of office management experience in an international organization or multinational company;
- Demonstrated experience in supervision of support staff;
- Experience in inventory management;
- Strong critical thinking, problem-solving and supervisory skills;
- Excellent written and verbal English skills;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience working with an international NGO preferred;
- Ability to deal appropriately with sensitive issues and maintain a high level of confidentiality at all times
Supervision and Reporting:
This position will work under the guidance and supervision of the Director of Finance & Administration
Send an application via email ONLY to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the subject line please indicate the position you are applying for; only those applications that reference the position in the subject line will be reviewed. Your application should consist of a cover letter and CV with three references and full addresses and contact information.
Please note that you do not need to apply if you don’t meet the minimum requirements. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Closing Date: June 22, 2021
John Snow Health Zambia, Limited is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer committed to workplace diversity. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to age, race, color, national origin, ancestry, creed, religion, gender, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, sexual preference, genetic information, political affiliation, or military status (special disabled veterans or veteran status) in any employment decisions.