- Company: John Snow Health Zambia Limited
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Customer Service Jobs in Zambia
Job Title: Receptionist
Department/Unit: Finance & Administration
Location: Lusaka, Zambia
Duration: Full-Time position
Reports to: Operations Manager
The USAID Zambia Accessible Markets for Health (ZAM-Health) Activity is a five-year project to expand the availability and accessibility of high-quality health products and services in the private sector, improve health knowledge, and increase the adoption of healthy and health-seeking behaviors. The program will employ private sector approaches such as marketing, social franchising, and partnerships with for-profit entities to achieve these outcomes. USAID ZAM-Health is implemented by John Snow Health Zambia (JSH) in partnership with JSI Research & Training Institute, Inc. (JSI), Media 365 and PharmAccess.
The Receptionist is a full-time position based in Lusaka, Zambia. S/he will provide administrative and logistics support services to personnel for the ZAM-Health Activity. S/he will be instrumental in the operation of the project office, and will be responsible for general secretarial duties. Being the first face visitors are greeted with, the individual will need to be friendly, knowledgeable and hospitable. The Receptionist will work closely with JSH’s finance and administration team under the supervision of the Operations Manager.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Assist with all aspects of administrative support to staff, directory maintenance, equipment inventory and storage;
- Receive and answer fax/telephone calls/conference calls and greet all visitors using a professional and courteous manner and direct them to appropriate person;
- Oversee office upkeep in terms of needed repairs and daily cleaning;
- Assist with the management of travel arrangements for personnel and visiting headquarter staff, if applicable, including hotel bookings and airline reservations;
- Create and manage JSH welcome packages for visitors;
- Prepare and manage welcome materials for new staff including: orientation package, staff ID cards, business cards, office keys, telephone extensions and colleague contact information;
- Manage office filing system and handling official documents confidentially;
- Assist to arrange and coordinate staff retreats and office events;Distribute office mail and send out mail/packages to the appropriate hosts and couriers;
- Set-up and maintain a computerized tracking sheet for all correspondence sent from personnel to other staff and partners;
- Help in the organization of conferences/retreats with maintaining schedules and ordering food;
- Implement and adhere to JSH’s personnel, financial, operations and fraud management policies; and,
- Perform other project tasks as required by the Operations Manager or other senior staff.
- A holder of Diploma in Secretarial duties with at least two years’ experience in an administrative role or equivalent position.
- Ability to manage office equipment like computers, fax machines and projectors. Experience working for an NGO preferred.
- Good filing and secretarial skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint software.
- Ability to multi-task with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal English skills.
- Strong initiative and self-motivation required, with a commitment to teamwork.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills; and,
- Ability to deal appropriately with sensitive issues and maintain a high level of confidentiality at all times.
Supervision and Reporting:
This position will work under the guidance and supervision of the Operations Manager.
Please note that you do not need to apply if you don’t meet the minimum requirements. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Closing Date: June 22, 2021
John Snow Health Zambia, Limited is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer committed to workplace diversity. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to age, race, color, national origin, ancestry, creed, religion, gender, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, sexual preference, genetic information, political affiliation, or military status (special disabled veterans or veteran status) in any employment decisions.