- Company: BioCarbon Partners Zambia Limited
- Location: Zambia
- State: Zambia
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Consulting Jobs in Zambia
BCP’s mission is making conservation
of wildlife habitat valuable to people.
BCP is a leading African conservation company which seeks to sustainably finance wildlife and habitat conservation through the forest carbon markets. We are working with Community and Government partners to help improve the conservation management over 1 million hectares of globally significant wildlife habitats in Zambia, and currently benefiting 225,000 people.
Following a Call for Proposals (CFP) released by the Lowering Emissions by Accelerating Forest finance (LEAF) Coalition on 22 April 2021, BCP is calling on interested and eligible individuals to apply as Consultants to support its’ partner organization to apply for this funding.
The LEAF Coalition (leafcoalition.org/) is a voluntary global coalition that aims to raise global climate ambition and contribute to ending deforestation and forest degradation in tropical and sub-tropical regions by 2030. It is a public-private initiative set up to provide finance and is targeting to mobilize at least $1 billion in results-based finance for the protection of tropical forests.
This particular CFP aims to provide financial support to countries that successfully reduce emissions from deforestation and forest degradation. We are confident that Zambia stands a very good chance of success as results have been demonstrated through the achievements of the REDD+ projects BCP is implementing with GRZs’ support. In addition, Zambia meets the ART-TREES standard requirements that call for full and effective participation of relevant stakeholders – in particular, indigenous people and local communities.
The Consultants Scope of Works will largely involve data gathering but the following elements will guide in terms of what is expected in the initial proposal to be submitted by 22 July 2021;
a. A commitment to adhere to the ART-TREES standard and requirements and a first (non-binding) estimate of ART-TREES crediting level.
b. A brief description of approach to monitoring deforestation and degradation emissions, including monitoring systems and data sources, or a reference to where this information is provided.
c. Estimation of Target ERs to be achieved annually between 2022-2026.
d. An outline of intended policy measures the Supplier determines are adequate to achieve the ERs, or a reference to where this information is provided.
e. A proposed institution to receive, manage, and invest received payments for ERs.
f. If applicable, initial approach to project nesting.
- Demonstrating/safeguarding ethics and integrity
- Demonstrate corporate knowledge and sound judgment
- Self-development, initiative-taking
- Acting as a team player and facilitating team work
- Facilitating and encouraging open communication in the team, communicating effectively
- Informed and transparent decision making
- Masters degree in Forestry, Natural Resource Management, Economics, Business/ Public Administration, International Relations, Political Science, or other relevant fields of study would be desirable.
- A first-level University Degree in combination with qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- Minimum 2 years for candidate with Master Degree or 6 years for candidate with Bachelor Degree of progressive experience in forestry, REDD+, project management, research, surveys and data collection, analysis, interpretation and management.
- Thorough understanding of the forest and biodiversity conservation issuesenvironment policies and governance systems in the region would be an asset;
- Experience in natural resources management and knowledge of community-based and private sector approaches to sustainable forest management;
- Fluency (both oral and written) in English.
- Familiarity with REDD+ development projects would be desirable.
- Familiarity with ART/TREES requirements, ART Registry and validation & verification documents
- Familiarity with the LEAF initiative
- Knowledge of and experience in supporting administration of REDD+, environment or forestry project will be highly desirable.
- Familiarity and good understanding of Zambia’s Nationally Determined Contribution (NDC).
- Good inter-personal skills.
- Up-to-date computer skills required, knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages.
- Excellent report writing skills.
- Effective communication with internal and external audiences.
If interested, please send detailed CV highlighting qualifications, experience and similar works done, a Cover Letter, and anything else that makes your application stand out by email to email@example.com with Consultant-LEAF in the subject line.
Females are encouraged to apply.
Applications accepted from 7th June 2021 until the position is filled.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
If an applicant receives no response within a 30-day period, they should consider their application unsuccessful.