- Company: YWCA
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Zambia
*This position is reserved for women only.
Job category: Administrative/Secretarial
The YWCA is a Christian, membership, non-partisan, volunteer based, non-governmental organisation (NGO), affiliated to the World YWCA Council dedicated to the empowerment of the community (especially women, youth and children) to contribute to the attainment of a just society through rights- based approaches and sustainable interventions.
YWCA seeks to employ an Executive Director.
Position reports to: the Board through the President
PURPOSE OF JOB
- Responsible for the overall leadership, co-ordination and management of YWCA programmes including management of finances, material resources and personnel.
- Ensure that the work area contributes to the vision and mission of YWCA
- Responsible for organisation’s planning and reporting to the Board and Stakeholders
- Facilitates documentation and implementation of policies and inform the Board accordingly
- Responsible for development and management of organisation’s budget
- Provides efficient, transparent and effective management of the Associations finances
- Identify and mobilise resources internally and externally
- Responsible for the recruitment, supervision and development of the human resource in order to achieve overall organisations objectives
- Provide good public relations, interventions and interpersonal skills as required for cordial administration
- Co-ordinate the management of the entire organisatios assets and inform the Board and Trustees when necessary
- Cultivate and maintain good rapport with stakeholders
- Monitor the performance of all Standing Committees in the organisation
- Provide secretarial services to the Board and the Committees when required
- Implementing the programme of action in line with the Strategic Plan. Ensuring transparency and accountability in terms of resources and personnel functions
- Ensuring effective management and utilization of resources
- Ensuring mutual transparency in policy formulation and implementation of programmes
- Ensuring participatory management
- Representing YWCA locally and internationally
- Acting as spokesperson for the organisation with donors and other stakeholders.
QUALIFICATIONS AND ATTRIBUTES
- Passion for the YWCA mission and must not engage in active party politics during her tenure
- Master’s degree in Business Administration, Development studies, Finance, Project Management, Economics, Public Health, Social Work, Gender Studies or other relevant related field
- A minimum of 10 years of demonstrable broad program, financial and operations management experience in a senior position
- Excellent organizational development, interpersonal, marketing, communication, administration and personnel management skills essential.
- Ability to develop and sustain a diverse funding base
- An affinity for working with culturally and politically diverse stakeholders
- Visionary, trustworthy, diplomatic, understanding and innovative with high energy level
- Experience managing a complex budget
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral; strong presentation skills
- Must be able to demonstrate initiative and creativity in identifying and addressing strategic issues facing the Association
- Must be able to effectively manage continuity, change and transition
- Must be able to set and achieve clear and measurable goals and reasonable deadlines
- Must be able to deal effectively with demanding situations and designs and implements effective interventions.
- Must be able to consistently display integrity and model the Association’s culture and values
- Understanding of the NGO sector
The position requires a person who has the following experience and attributes;
- Experience in raising the visibility of an institution through the development and implementation of a sustainable marketing campaign tailored to its various stakeholders as well as the public
- Must have raised not less than K5 million through proposal development
- Must have experience in effective resource mobilization program by serving as the chief development officer or hiring and supervising an individual responsible for this activity
- Experience working with Boards of directors and volunteers
- Must have experience in helping to ensure that the Board members carry out philanthropy and resource mobilisation activities
- Must have experience in nurturing loyalty through a comprehensive relationship building with donors
- Must have actively participated in identifying, cultivating and soliciting donor prospects Relationship (Advocacy/ Partnerships) Building
- Must have experience in identifying and maintaining the key relationships necessary to support an effective Association
- Must have experience in representing an organisation at all appropriate external and internal functions
- Must have experience in acting as an advocate, within the public and private sectors, for issues relevant to the Association, its services and constituencies
- Experience in establishing systems to obtain feedback from clients, volunteers, donors and the community in order to improve services and encourage community involvement and participation in the Association’s work
- Experience in serving as organisation’s chief spokesperson and acts as advocate for issues relevant to the Organisation Leadership
- Success at fund development, including knowledge of and success in attracting donors and corporate grants; ability to solicit individual donors
Interested and suitably qualified applicants should submit an application letter with a detailed CV (Maximum 3 pages) only which should include a daytime contact number and three (03) recent reachable referees.
Application can be submitted to the following;
Young Women’s Christian Association (YWCA)
Plot # 7391, Nationalist Road (opposite UTH)
P. O. Box 50115, Lusaka, Zambia
Closing date for receipt of applications is Friday, 18th June, 2021 at close of business.
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED