- Company: Newrest Zambia Ltd
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Zambia
Newrest Zambia is looking for a Procurement Manager to be responsible for managing a diverse portfolio of suppliers for direct & indirect procurement in a role that’s both strategic and operational, the role will involve managing supplier relationships, price negotiation, assuring continuous supply, day to day communication with internal stakeholders, and suppliers.
- Create and lead the development and implementation of the procurement strategy.
- Prepare and lead negotiations using the six-step sourcing process and use of different negotiation tactics
- Performance management of suppliers to ensure delivery on time in full
- Manage suppliers to ensure right-first-time quality
- Support cross-functionally for indirect procurement across Equipment, Operations Services, Facilities, and others as required
- Identify opportunities and implement cost reduction projects working with cross-functional teams.
- Managing legal and environmental aspects associated with food and pack ensuring compliance.
- Understand internal stakeholder needs.
- Ensures that the safety and security of items is maintained in accordance to Company regulations.
- Ensure stores is kept in a clean and tidy conducive working environment to avoid Infestation of hazards.
- Ensures maximum utilization of space storage in an economic and efficient manner.
- Bachelors Degree Purchasing and Supply
- Proven three (3) years of work experience as a Procurement Manager in the Catering or Food Production Industry.
- Extensive food and beverage (F&B) knowledge
- Strong understanding of strategic sourcing and procurement environment
- The candidate must have a strong drive for results
- The successful candidate will have proven analytical skills and financial acumen, as well as a methodical approach to problem-solving teamed with a drive for results
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Demonstrate competence to manage multiple priorities and follow through on tasks to completion.
- Work attitude that exhibits flexibility, drive, good judgement, dependability and ambitions
- Strong leadership, motivational and people skills
Applications should be received not later than 15th June 2021