- Company: Bollore Transport & Logistics Zambia Ltd
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Zambia
SUMMARY OF THE POSITION
Responsible for the administration and daily operations of the Sea Freight Import and Export Department in Lusaka by planning, coordinating, and supervising daily activities to meet performance KPIs and follow the Group’s guidelines
FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Co-ordinate operations through close liaison with Customs & Compliance Manager, Borders, and all support functions
- Ensure operational processes are strictly adhered to as per Company’s standards and Client requirements
- Closely monitor Customs risk by ensuring all RIB, RIT and Temporarily imported or exported consignments respect time constraints as stipulated by ZRA
- Check that Files are Invoiced on time and in full and according to agreed rates on file
- Manage disbursements file and profitability
- Liaise closely with the Finance Department and ensure that the department performs within the allocated Budgetary constraints
- Approve Payment Vouchers and in liaison with the Finance Department, ensure payments to suppliers are made timeously
- Ensure regular follow up of all outstanding accounts and support Credit Control Dept in collecting dues
- Work closely with the Front Office team to develop the business and expand the Company’s customer base
- Perform Monthly and Quarterly reporting to senior management on the Company’s Operational and Financial performance
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- At least 10 Years of work experience in the Logistics field
- Degree in Transport & Logistics/Business Administration
- Accounting experience will be an added advantage.
- Membership at Zambia Chartered Institute of Logistics & Transport (ZCILT)
- Excellent computer skills (word, excel, PowerPoint, internet) and database management
- Must be fluent in both written and verbal English.
- Must be able to work independently as well as in a team and be self-assured.
To apply for this position, please send your application letter, curriculum vitae and professional qualifications to email; email@example.com before the closing date of the advertisement. Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.