- Company: SAfAIDS
- Location: Zambia
- State: Zambia
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Zambia
Position: Programme Officer (PO) x 2
Placement: Zambia (Central & Western Province)
SAfAIDS is a regional NGO working across the SADC region, as a trendsetter in promoting integrated, effective and ethical development responses to SRHR, by enabling Gender Equality, Social Inclusion and Resilience for All. SAfAIDS is looking for two highly skilled individuals to be Programme Officers in the Central and Western Province of Zambia.
The identified candidates will spearhead, coordinate effective and efficient programming in conjunction with key stakeholders, including development partners, government departments implementing partners and technical or strategic partners within consortia or out of consortia. The incumbents will design, develop, implement and monitor day to day programmatic interventions aligned to specific goals and objectives all the while tracking targets against achieved outcomes. The PO is responsible for developing work plans and related budgets for specific programmes and programme activities and works with the M&E team to ensure that M&E plans with clear targets and outputs are in place and being reported against. On a monthly, quarterly and annual basis, the PO produces high-quality programme reports in a timely manner. They drafts donor narrative reports, and ensure that financial and M&E reports are prepared and reviewed in a timely manner, and are in line with contractual conditions and stipulations, prior to submission to their supervisor. The role is responsible for activity budget development, monitoring and works closely with the Zambia Senior Finance and Administration Officer (SFAO) to ensure accurate reporting. He/ She will manage programme communications, documentation and publicity to promote the programme. This position liaises with partners, beneficiaries and other stakeholders to ensure relationships are managed well and communication about the programme is effective. They play a key role in supporting implementing partners to deliver on agreed outputs, evaluating their performance and making recommendations for strengthening partner capacity or providing input when decisions are made to terminate partnerships.
The PO will supervise the work of Programme Assistant, Interns and Graduate Trainees as required including ensuring full compliance to all organizational policies, SOPs, and that all programming and consultancy/service provider files are up to date and complete, on a monthly basis. They will track programme contracts against their work plans. This position will generate monthly and quarterly work plans to match programme contractual deadlines, deliverables, budgets and M&E plans and log frames. They will action delegated additional responsibilities by the Country Coordinator, and the Zambia Country Representative as necessary.
- University degree and Post Graduate qualification in Social Sciences, Development Studies or related areas.
- Minimum of 3 to 4 years in programming experience in a development organisation.
- Consistent creativity, flexibility, multi-tasking and prioritization skills.
- Timely problem solving, crisis management and risk reduction skills that ensure the delivery of quality programmes.
- Good emotional intelligence especially when faced with challenging situation.
- Good and calculative decisions that are well informed.
- Excellent planning, organising and coordination skills.
- Strong stakeholder management skills.
- High sense of responsibility with good collaboration skills.
- Exposure to computer applications, MS word and Excel.
- Excellent communication and writing skills. The incumbent must be able to write project reports.
Application Requirements and Deadline:
Candidates are required to email a motivational letter and curriculum vitae; with information on current salary, benefits and contact details of five referees to: recruitments@SAfAIDS.net by the 18th June 2021.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.