- Company: DotCom Zambia
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Zambia
Overview / Job Description
Dot Com Zambia (www.dczambia.com) is an award winning Zambian ICT company that was launched in 2009. The company prides itself as company that is focused on building ICT based solutions for the Zambian and African Market. Dot Com Zambia is looking for a Business Development Manager to lead our sales efforts and contribute to our long-term business growth in Zambia and the region. Your role will be to seek new business opportunities by contacting and developing relationships with potential customers alongside members of your sales team. To be successful in this role, you should have previous experience in business development sales, managing a sales team, preparing and executing marketing and sales campaigns and subsequently develop leads from those marketing campaigns and meet sales quotas.
The role has a salary package consisting of base pay and commission/variable salary, giving the potential candidate unlimited earning potential.
Core Duties and Responsibilities
- Qualify leads from marketing campaigns and other sources as sales opportunities
- Contact potential clients through cold calls, emails and office visits
- Spending Time in the field and/or Travelling
- Present our company and products to potential clients
- Identify client needs and suggest appropriate products/services
- Proactively seek new business opportunities in the market
- Establish, Manage and Train various levels of junior sales staff to increase our footprint.
- Report weekly sales activity metrics to the Managing Director
Qualifications and Experience
- 5 or more years’ experience in Business Development and sales
- Degree in Business Administration or related field.
- 5 or more years Managerial experience with demonstrated track record of managing people and/or leading a sales team
- Advanced technological skill set and a demonstrated history with technology.
- Exceptional team management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Ability to delegate efficiently.
- Hands-on experience with multiple sales techniques, moreso the consultative sales process.
- Familiarity with MS Excel (analysing spreadsheets and charts)
- Understanding of sales performance metrics including activity planning and segmentation
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Ability to deliver engaging presentations.
- Valid Driver’s License
APPLICATION PROCESS : Interested applicants should submit their application consisting of a cover letter and CV, in one e-mail, to email@example.com . Candidates must also upload a sales training video for a product or service of their choice.
The audience for this training video would be junior sales staff who are being taught on how to sell and position the chosen product. However extra credit will be given for videos covering a Dot Com Zambia product such as eTolls (www.etoll.co.zm)The video should not exceed 5 minutes and must be loaded onto YouTube or any video platform of their choice. (Please set video to private and include the link in your e-mail submission, so that only a person with the link can view the video)
Applicants without video submissions will not be considered
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
Deadline: June 28, 2021