- Company: Lubambe Copper Mine Limited
- Location: Zambia
- State: Chililabombwe
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Education/Teaching Jobs in Zambia
Lubambe Copper Mine is located within the Greater Konkola Area of the Zambian Copperbelt and consists of a large – scale mining license covering an area of approximately 228 square kilometres.
Completed and commissioned in 2012, Lubambe is an underground operation supported by a shaft and decline access with a 2.5 million tonne per annum capacity ore concentrator. The mine’s current depth is 450meters producing a high-grade copper concentrate which is then treated at Zambian smelters.
The mine currently employs 1, 125 direct employees, a further 1,200 contractors. It places the highest priority on safety with a world class safety system.
Supporting local communities and suppliers is a key business focus of the mine.
EMR Capital owns an 80% controlling interest in Lubambe while ZCCM-IH owns 20%.
The Mine seeks to employ experienced and qualified individuals in the following positions:
EDUCATION AND HEALTH LIAISON OFFICER (X1)
This position reports to The Community & Stakeholder Relations Manager
Core Purpose of the Position
The Education and Health Liaison Officer mainly focuses on formulating and managing Community Health and Education programs. This role will collect and analyse data to identify community health and education needs prior to planning, implementing, monitoring and evaluating programs designed to ensure sustainability in the communities surrounding the Mine. The Education and Health liaison officer may serve as a resource to assist individuals, other education and health care workers, or the community and may administer fiscal resources for education and health programs.
Key Performance Areas/Indicators (KPA/Is):
- Work with the CSR Manager to coordinate activities and programs in the Health and Education Sector
- Participate in determining the social impacts of Health & Education Projects i.e. health outreach programs, COVID-19 Support programs, Adult literacy, support to early child hood classes, support to girl child and all school improvement activities
- Network with relevant NGO and Government departments for effective collaboration and coordinate activities to strengthen the capacity of the existing Health and Education systems
- Serve as secretary/facilitator on all health and education related engagements/meetings,
- Maintain good rapport with the community through regular contacts and communication
- Sensitize the communities on various health and education issues using communication leaflets (IEC Materials), workshops, meetings.
- Monitor progress on infrastructure projects under education
- Facilitate identification of appropriate interventions and develop capacity in communities to effectively participate in project cycle activities to promote sustainability
- Undertake other relevant duties as assigned by the Manager
- Prepare weekly activity reports
Academic Qualifications and Experience
- Degree in Public Health/Social Work/Development Studies from a recognised institution
- Minimum five years’ experience in Health and Education related work
- Valid Drivers Licence
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and ability to communicate in bemba
- Ability to be creative and innovative in generating new ideas and putting them into practice
- Self-starter who can work both independently and collaboratively with co-workers
- Passion for health and education sectors
- High level of interpersonal skills with the ability to work across organisations with strong communication and listening abilities and good problem-solving approach
Applicants who meet the above requirements are invited to send their Curriculum Vitae in MS word format to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate the job title of the job you are applying for in the subject line of your e-mail. The closing date for receipt of applications is Monday 21 June 2021
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.