- Company: Brilliance Executive Management Consultancy Limited
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Zambia
Brilliance Executive Management Consultancy Limited (BEMCONSULT) has been engaged by Joint Country Programme (JCP) to assist in the identification and recruitment of qualified and competent professionals in the NGO sector. This position will be based at the Country Office in Lusaka.
The Joint Country Programme (JCP) is a duo of organisations consisting of Dan Church Aid (DCA) and Norwegian Church Aid (NCA), and was created in 2011 for purposes of working together within the ACT Alliance to:
- create synergy and positive sustainable development in the lives of the poor and marginalised people in the target communities of Zambia, but also to
- reduce costs and increase efficiency and effectiveness.
The Senior Finance and Compliance Officer will lead processes to follow-up both NCA and partners’ compliance with NCA and donor requirements, ensuring that repeat funding is avoided. Ensure compliance, quality, and transparency with NCA procedures and donor requirements including for reporting and deadlines to contribute to the highest possible impact for the available resources.
Summary of Key Responsibilities;
- As a contact person for NCA partners, responsible for maintaining a continuous dialogue with the partners on issues related to the grant and observing formal donor requirements.
- Adhere to relevant external and internal standards, policies and procedures and meeting NCA stakeholders’ expectations on administrative and management issues.
- Participate as observer in the Steering Committee and Agency management structures.
- Perform the accounting function of NCA Zambia, ensuring accurate financial records.
- Production of Donor reports and ensure compliance with Donor requirements. Consolidation of partner reports after proper quality checking.
- Work closely with the Head of Programmes and Programme Coordinators on the financial performance of the project and provide advice as needed.
- Preparation of programme budgets together with program staff and assess budget performance of the project
- Capacity Development and follow-up of partners
- Compliance on all contractual issues: ensuring adherence to donor requirements
- Overall reporting, quality assurance of all deliveries and submission to Finance Manager.
- Communications hub for all contractual issues, compliance, reporting procedures and financial management issues.
- Disseminating donor requirements to the project implementers
- Develop and propose standards, templates and minimum requirements for data management, monitoring and reporting, in close collaboration with the Programme Coordinators.
- Oversee the completeness of NCA’s documentation, both paper-based and electronic of grant agreements, project documents and key correspondence with donors and partners.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Must be a good problem solver, analytical, creative, and innovative.
- Must have a good command of the English Language, both written and spoken and be professional.
- Reliable and trust-worthy
- Cross-cultural sensitivity, flexible worldview and emotional maturity.
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree in Accounting, Finance or any Finance related degree
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Chartered Accountant is desirable.
- Must have at least a minimum of 7 years’ experience in Grant Accounting/Compliance Officer role is required with a preference for EU and other grant experience.
- Compliance Management with an International NGO is an advantage
- Knowledge of computer-related financial/accounting system and budgeting is necessary.
- Demonstrated capacity to function well in a team and contribute effectively to team efforts.
- Member of ZICA
If you meet the hiring requirements for any of the above positions, please email your CV in Ms Word and Cover Letter clearly stating your salary expectations to email@example.com & copy in firstname.lastname@example.org
Note that, all communications will be kept in the strictest of confidence. If you do not receive communication within 21 days of the closing date of the advert, please consider your application unsuccessful.
DO NOT SEND CERTIFICATES AT THIS STAGE
CLOSING DATE: 25/06/2021