- Company: FQM
- Location: Zambia
- State: Kalumbila
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Zambia
Purpose of the role:
- This role is responsible for the maintenance and projects works in the process plant civil maintenance and repair section.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Inspect, maintain, supervise all civil site work in the Fixed plant section; to ensure that work is being performed according to specifications.
- Prepare and/or review plans, specifications and cost estimates for civil works in the fixed plant when required.
- Review and approve where required construction and service contract payment estimates and/or invoices.
- Analyse ground profile levels, seepage rates, spillage trenches and civil structures.
- Prepare progress and completion reports as required.
- Supervise and monitor the site labour force and the work of any subcontractors.
- Check plans, drawings and quantities for accuracy of calculations.
- Liaise with any consultants, subcontractors, supervisors, planners, quantity surveyors and the general workforce.
- Understanding the design and as built drawings of fixed plant site infrastructure.
Qualifications, Experience & Skills:
- Grade 12 Certificate
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering.
- Registered member of the Engineering Institute of Zambia (EIZ).
- Ability to register as a member of the Engineering Registration Board of Zambia.
- 3 + years’ experience in process plant environment
- 3 + years’ experience in construction
- 3 + years’ experience in project works will be an added advantage
- The ability to apply the knowledge of mathematics, science and Engineering.
- The ability to explain design ideas and plans clearly.
- The ability to analyse large amounts of data and assess solutions.
- The ability to identify, formulate, and solve Engineering problems.
- The ability to use techniques, skills, and modern Engineering tools necessary for Engineering practice.
- Must have working knowledge of Windows computer systems.
- Must have working knowledge of Microsoft Office software.
- A valid Zambian driving license.
- Must have problem-solving skills.
- Must have excellent organization and managerial skills and a methodical approach to work.
- Must have ability to think methodically and to manage projects.
- Must have the ability to work to deadlines and within budget.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have excellent supervisory and leadership skills.
- Must be able to work without supervision.
- Must have a confident decision-making ability.
- Must be detailed oriented.
Closing Date : 30th June, 2021.