- Company: Yalelo Limited
- Location: Zambia
- State: Siavonga
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Zambia
Yalelo, is seeking a highly energetic, motivated Individual to work in the position of Radar Operator. This position involves Monitoring and operating the TMZ Radar equipment including radios and ancillary equipment. In addition to this, the position requires the individual to be responsible for making appropriate pro-active and reactive responses and coordinating emergency situations on site as well as coordinating control room activities.
This position is open to Zambians only.
Location: The role is primarily based in Siavonga.
The Right-Fit candidates will:
Conduct Radar & Control Room Operations
- Operate all equipment, Radar, radios, and ancillary equipment to provide pro-active and reactive monitoring of CCTV to assist with the detection of crime, unsafe behavior and to support the reduction of crime, unrest, or operational disruptions.
- Maintain a close liaison with the Security Team Lead on duty and channel operational matters requiring reaction.
- Monitor Radar & CCTV and initiate appropriate response to suspicious activities.
- Monitor computerized burglar and fire alarm systems and initiate appropriate response to alarm activations.
- Monitor guard patrol monitoring systems and alert shift supervisors on any deviations.
- Operate the 24/7 emergency number and initiate appropriate response to emergency situations.
- Operate remote controlled systems
- Operate all radio communication systems
- Perform administration duties relating to a control room environment
- Radio Communication & use of Phonetic Alphabet.
- Sound Emergency alarm in case of incident & report as per emergency call tree
- Provide preliminary and background information on incidents.
- Operate the TZ Coastal Monitoring system(Radar), communication and test equipment.
- Analyse radar system, monitor targets, objects, AIS targets and report intrusion.
- Maintain objective quality evidence, configurations and documentations.
- Identify systemic problems and trends, recommend improvements and implements actions as approved.
- Prepare daily, weekly, monthly and annual reports for TZ Coastal Monitoring system(Radar) as required.
- Assist in modifications, sustainment, systems checks/calibrations.
- Track, collect and maintain data associated with the TZ Coastal Monitoring system(Radar).
- Make logs of all shift activity in prescribed forms.
- Communicate all faults or errors on the Security systems to the IT Security Team Lead.
Control Room Record Management
- Update key registers for gates, dispatch, harvest.
- Update computer-based incident logging system and generate the reports.
- Maintain record of seals, and dispatch confirmation & receipt database.
- To maintain thorough records, security operations books including Incident logs, the visitors logbook, the repair and maintenance logbook and any other designated records within CCTV.
- Manage Shift activity report
- undertake clerical duties relevant to the position including updating message boards and information notices.
- Where necessary complete witness statement and prepare evidence as per procedures.
- Full Grade Twelve (12) Certificate
- Diploma or equivalent in Information Systems.
- Knowledge of working with standard electronics.
- CompTIA Security + certification or equivalent. If not certified at the time of hire, certification must be granted within 6 months of start date and maintained.
This is a full-time position and the successful candidate must be available to work weekdays and weekends.
If this is YOU, Yalelo wants to hear from you today!!!
Closing Date : 30th June, 2021.