- Company: Reformed Open Community Schools
- Location: Zambia
- State: Kasama
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Zambia
The Reformed Open Community Schools (ROCS) is a child focused process facilitator organization that empowers communities to transform their schools for improved learner outcomes. ROCS is a recognized stakeholder in supporting underprivileged and vulnerable children to access quality education in rural and peri- urban areas of Zambia. By contributing to wellbeing of the poor, ROCS endeavors (its reason for being), to show God’s love by working with, motivating and encouraging those in need to take charge of their own precarious situations and initiatives that provide solutions thereof.
ROCS is implementing the CHAZ-GF Towards Malaria Elimination Grant funded project in Kasama and Mungwi districts of Northern Province in 30 Healthcare facilities (15 Healthcare facilities in each district) including their catchment areas. The project will conduct various community engagement activities and employ the three key Social behavior Change (SBC) strategies:-
- Behavior Change Communication: seeking to influence the knowledge, attitudes, and practices of communities and various stakeholders
- Social Mobilization with the aim of fostering wider participation, coalition building, and ownership as well as changing community norms.
- Advocacy to support the raising of resources and securing the commitment of the leaders at various levels.
It is against this background that ROCS is looking for a suitably qualified Zambian to fill up the vacancy of District Coordinator for Kasama District. The District Coordinator will be responsible for effective planning and coordination of all project activities. The district Coordinator is expected to among others; strengthen community health structures to reduce the malaria burden among the target groups, strengthen health-seeking behaviours among the target groups using the Social Behavior Change approach and to influence governmental duty bearers to implement national policies and commitments aimed at reducing the Malaria burden for the target groups.
- Young and vibrant
- Basic ICT Skills in Excel, Power point and Word
- Report writing skills
- Facilitation skills
- Ability to work both independently and as an effective member of a team
- Work with minimum supervision while working responsibly
- Motorbike riding with a valid rider’s license
- Grade 12 certificate
- Diploma in Environmental Health, or related field with demonstrable ability to handle a malaria project
- At least 2 years’ experience working with malaria projects
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date : 25th June, 2021.