- Company: Zambia Sugar
- Location: Zambia
- State: Zambia
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Zambia
Zambia Sugar Plc, is a subsidiary of Illovo Sugar Africa (Pty) Ltd Group, and is the leading sugar producer in Zambia. Its main activities are the growing of sugar cane, the production and marketing of sugar and other sugar downstream products.
Zambia Sugar now invites applications from suitably qualified persons to join the Manufacturing team at its Nakambala operations in Mazabuka in the positions listed below:
1. POSITION: FACTORY OPTIMISATION MANAGER (D5) X01
The position reports to the Factory Head, and operates within the Factory function. The successful incumbent will be responsible for:
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
- Develop in-Country medium and long term Manufacturing (Production and Maintenance) Optimisation Strategy with objective of effectively optimizing performance and cost of production
- Drive optimisation by driving initiatives that will deliver products at cost and quality levels that drive profitability
- Drive operational excellence by implementing optimisation initiatives and supporting problem resolution
- Identify, generate business case, motivate, plan and manage implementation of capital projects, ensuring required economic and community outcomes are delivered on time
- Reduce system inefficiencies by analysing and maximising system performance (Reliability, Recovery, efficiencies, costs etc.) through application of continuous improvement tools and best practices such as RCA, LOP,
- Drive synergies across the Group, effectively partnering with Group counterparts to identify, share and embed opportunities for production & reliability optimisation
- Provide expertise on production & reliability issues, support and advise on solutions.
- Set direction, implement and monitor continuous improvement by driving work practices, and ensuring that tools and techniques are being applied to optimise operations and deliver high quality products made in a safe and sustainable manner.
- Lead People Capability building identification, prioritization and implementation to optimise performance, realise full potential and maintain a state of operational readiness
- Develop all production & Supply Side plans and monitoring of compliance to plans, in conjunction with S&OP.
- Drive rigorous performance management, biased towards rewarding strong performance and compliance with critical behaviours, including managing consequences where required.
- Conduct regular internal and external benchmarking exercises to identify and develop Production best practices and improvement opportunities.
- Manage and coordinate sharing of identified best practices, learnings, quick wins, frameworks and minimum standards within function across entities and through the Head Office platform, and provide additional opportunities for problem identification, knowledge sharing and collaboration.
- Custodian of manufacturing and laboratory information systems required for operational modelling, production reconciliation and business performance monitoring and leading the use of data for optimization decisions.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with key maintenance & engineering service providers.
- Build a strong technical team and talent pipeline for Manufacturing Optimisation through ongoing coaching, mentoring, guidance and technical training, using this platform to drive technical excellence in the production and maintenance teams.
- Identify and monitor KPIs to track performance and flag any issues.
- Ensure enablers are in place to promote success (e.g. systems and processes).
- Management of technical standards, MOPS, TOPS, process specifications, best practices and policies and the governance thereof.
- Identify and monitor KPIs to track performance and flag any issues
- Promote and adhere to Illovo’s procedures, policies and guidelines, including, without limitation, those relating to SHERQ, Competition Law and Anti-Bribery and Corruption (ABC).
Minimum specification/ requirements areas
- Chemical, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering DegreeBusiness / Financial qualification would be an advantage8 years’ experience in Sugar Manufacturing (production and/or maintenance)
- Good business acumen and manufacturing expertise, with ability to anticipate, interpret and respond to changes impacting on functional area
- Strong track record in management and leadership
- Inquisitive mind
- Strong data analysis skills
- Continuous improvement knowledge and experience
- Familiarity with Illovo systems would be an advantage (Maximo)
Candidates interested in applying for the above positions, kindly email your detailed CV & copies of qualifications and copy of NRC to firstname.lastname@example.org
No hard copy applications or phone calls will be accepted.
Applicants may be required to complete pre-employment checks (qualification, credit, security, background, and medical assessments) as part of the recruitment process where applicable.
Closing Date : 30th June, 2021.