- Company: Zambia Sugar
- Location: Zambia
- State: Zambia
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Zambia
The position reports to the Maintenance Manager. The successful incumbent will be responsible for:
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
- Ensure optimal performance of all mechanical equipment
- Provide engineering support to the Factory team in terms of equipment settings for the season e.g. Boilers, Mill Settings, Centrifugal cycle optimization, etc.
- Provide Mechanical Engineering support to the Maintenance head in terms of repairs to critical equipment / Abnormal projects etc.
- Provide Mechanical Engineering support to the Project Engineer / Optimisation Head, including Management / overseeing of site projects.
- Manage / oversee all mechanical work on Abnormal Projects during Off-crop
- Develop Season and Off-Crop Mechanical budgets with Maintenance Head, Finance Business Partner, Optimisation Team and manage the budgets.
- Audit and analyse maintenance systems & processes with the aim of uncovering engineering related inefficiencies.
- Address production losses caused by inefficient engineering systems by critically analysing and maximising the systems performance.
- Collaborate with Reliability Engineer to identify reliability improvements through design modifications and reliability improvement strategies
- Drive maintenance improvements to optimise efficiency and output of all mechanical equipment.
- Provide expertise on day-to-day Mechanical Engineering related issues, support and advise on solutions.
- Provide technical and overall leadership to personnel under mechanical maintenance.
- Provide engineering support for specifications and plant modifications.
- Drive synergies with the Group, effectively partnering with Group counterparts to identify, share and embed opportunities for engineering optimisation / best practice.
- Set direction, implement and monitor continuous improvement by driving work practices, and ensuring that tools and techniques are being applied to deliver high quality products made in a safe and sustainable manner.
- Conduct regular internal and external benchmarking exercises to identify and develop Maintenance best practices and improvement opportunities.
- Manage and coordinate sharing of identified best practices, frameworks and minimum standards within function across entities and through the Head Office platform, and provide additional opportunities for problem identification and knowledge sharing.
- Maintain effective engagement with key maintenance & engineering service level providers.
- Management of technical standards, specifications and group risk mitigation policies and the governance thereof
- Responsible for Statutory Requirements as delegated by Maintenance Manager.
- Identify and monitor KPIs to track performance and flag any issues.
- Promote and adhere to Illovo’s procedures, policies and guidelines, including, without limitation, those relating to SHERQ, Competition Law and Anti-Bribery and Corruption (ABC).
Minimum specifications / Requirements areas
- Degree or equivalent in Mechanical Engineering.
- 8 years’ experience in manufacturing machinery maintenance
- Continuous improvement knowledge and experience
- Familiarity with Illovo systems would be an advantage (Maximo)
Candidates interested in applying for the above positions, kindly email your detailed CV & copies of qualifications and copy of NRC to email@example.com
No hard copy applications or phone calls will be accepted.
Applicants may be required to complete pre-employment checks (qualification, credit, security, background, and medical assessments) as part of the recruitment process where applicable.
Closing Date : 30th June, 2021.