- Company: Zambia Sugar
- Location: Zambia
- State: Zambia
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Zambia
RELIABILITY ENGINEER (D3) X 01
The position reports to the Factory Optimisation Manager, and operates within the Factory function. The successful incumbent will be responsible for:
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
- Contribute to the in-Country Optimization Strategy with the objective of effectively
- Optimizing machine maintenance and cost of Illovo’s production
- Conduct reliability analyses and use the statistical data to drive machine reliability initiatives that will deliver products at volume, cost and quality levels that drive profitability.
- Drive synergies with the group, effectively partnering with group counterparts to identify and share opportunities for production optimisation.
- Provide expertise on complex, multi-faceted reliability issues, support and advise on solutions.
- Set direction, implement and monitor continuous improvement by driving work practices, and ensuring that tools and techniques are being applied to optimise operations and deliver high quality products made in a safe and sustainable manner at the optimum recovery rate.
- Contribute to maintenance plan and monitoring of compliance.
- Conduct regular internal and external benchmarking exercises to identify and develop maintenance and reliability best practices and improvement opportunities.
- Manage and coordinate sharing of identified best practices, learnings, quick wins, frameworks and minimum standards within function across entities and through the Head Office platform, and provide additional opportunities for problem identification and knowledge sharing and collaboration.
- Address all technical risk audit findings and ensure these are managed through the site risk governance processes.
- Support maintenance manager and foremen in developing the necessary skills and experience to meet current and future needs.
- Mentor reliability and planning trainees.
- Build a strong technical team and talent pipeline for Manufacturing Maintenance and Optimisation through ongoing coaching, mentoring, guidance and technical training.
- Ensure enablers are in place to promote success (e.g. systems and processes).
- Management of technical standards, MOPS, TOPS, process specifications, best practices and policies and the governance thereof.
- Lead and guide the iAMP programme, agreed preventative / preventive maintenance processes and CMMS practices on site
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with key maintenance & engineering service providers
- Custodian of the Plant Modification process (focused on maintainability and operability) and site top RCA processes
- Identify and monitor KPIs to track performance and flag any issues
- Promote and adhere to Illovo’s procedures, policies and guidelines, including, without limitation, those relating to SHERQ, Competition Law and Anti-Bribery and Corruption (ABC)
Minimum specifications / Requirements areas
- Engineering degree (Mechanical, Electrical, Instrumentation, or other relevant engineering discipline).
- 5 Years of experience in Sugar production and a sound knowledge of the factories
- Track record of technical leadership experience
- Good data analysis and interpretation skills
- Deep Root Cause Analysis skills and experience
Candidates interested in applying for the above positions, kindly email your detailed CV & copies of qualifications and copy of NRC to email@example.com
No hard copy applications or phone calls will be accepted.
Applicants may be required to complete pre-employment checks (qualification, credit, security, background, and medical assessments) as part of the recruitment process where applicable.
Closing Date : 30th June, 2021.