- Company: Tema Hr Consultancy
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: IT/Telecom Jobs in Zambia
Our Client in the Financial Sector has a vacancy for the position of Innovation and Technology Officer.
Innovation and technology serves as a support function within the company. The role is mainly responsible for ensuring that all the company’s IT needs essential for smooth day to day operations are met in a timely and satisfactory manner. The role holder also serves as a business partner who updates and advises management on the latest IT trends within the financial sector and also proposes and implements appropriate innovations for the company.
Provision of Core IT Services
- Researching latest IT industry trends and Apps Installing and configuring computer hardware, software, systems, networks, printers and scanners
- Monitoring and maintaining computer systems and networks
- Responding in a timely manner to service issues and requests
- Providing technical support across the company (this may be in person or remotely)
- Adding, removing, or updating user account information, resetting passwords, etc.
- Repairing and replacing equipment as necessary
- Testing new technology
- Ensure to come up with knowledge sharing initiatives with other staff on subjects relating to the IT environment.
Procurement and inventory;
- Receive and process requisitions for IT equipment from staff
- Assess and recommend purchase of IT equipment
- Keep an updated inventory of all IT equipment and assets
Policy and Compliance;
- Penning internal IT dept policies
- Ensuring that staff are aware of all IT policies and procedures
- Identify potential IT related risk and report to management on a quarterly basis.
- Minimise or eliminate risk where possible.
- Maintain and support all security and back up procedures
Internal Softwares and systems
- Learning the core Company software. Give reports on any software updates.
- Give advice to other departments on software they work with
- Provide input for annual IT Budget preparation.
- Managing the IT budget in a cost effective manner.
- Allocation of transactions sent to the suspense to correct clients/ phone numbers.
- Liaise with IT suppliers / vendors to the organisation
- Ensure to track, measure, report and evaluate vendor performance.
- Troubleshoot all vendor problems and present to management as required.
- Track priority change requests and incidents with vendors.
- Produce monthly, quarterly and annual reports to the CFO.
- Monitor complaints logged for trend and statistical reporting
- Monthly analysis report on latest I.T. trends etc
Essential Soft Skills required:
Good decision-making skills.
Strong problem solving abilities.
Strong communication skills.
Minimum Entry requirements:
G12 certificate with 5 credits or better in English and Mathematics.
Advanced Diploma or Degree in IT.
Atleast 3 years working experience.
If you are the right candidate for this position, send your updated curriculum vitae to email@example.com; ensure that you indicate Innovation and Technology Officer as subject line.
Closing Date : 22nd June, 2021.