- Company: Barnnert Development Corporation
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Zambia
Overview: The Property Manager oversees the day-to-day operations of the commercial facilities. Reporting to the Human Resource & Administration (HRA) Manager. He performs all duties required to keep everything running smoothly within the facility.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Advertise spaces, and ensure properties maintain a low vacancy rate. This includes drawing up and executing an effective sales and marketing plan.
2. Manage the full life cycle of the rental process. From tenant recruitment, signing (and renewal) of lease agreements, invoice generation, rental collection, issuing receipts and depositing rentals collected.
3. Show the property, review applications, thoroughly screen and approve or reject tenants for properties.
4. Enforce the terms of a lease. Especially with regards to collection and remittance of Withholding Tax, reminding tenants of their obligation to take out insurance and reporting faults promptly to avoid incidents.
5. Provide customer service to tenants, resolving any issues or complaints promptly
6. Draw up and execute monthly and quarterly maintenance schedules together with a comprehensive budget for such maintenance.
7. Co-ordinate all facilities maintenance, manage all vendor relationships and routinely inspects the property for damages.
8. Create and maintain all financial records for the facility, regularly reporting to the HRA Manager.
a. Keep records of receipts and payments
b. Reconcile the balances monthly with the bank statements
c. Keep posted and balanced the purchases and sales ledgers
d. Prepare a detailed list of ledger balances
e. Prepare details of annual stock taking suitably priced and extended
9. Oversee the works and activities of the Facilities Co-ordinator and cleaners to ensure the property is kept in reputable state.
10. Staying abreast with trends in the property market and seeking out opportunities for the company to expand and grow.
11. Any other duties that may be assigned
Qualifications and Requirements
1. Minimum qualification of a degree in Property Management or equivalent
2. Accounting qualification will be an added advantage
3. 3-4 years experience in a similar position
4. Able to work with minimal supervision
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date : 23rd June, 2021.