- Company: Conservation Lower Zambezi (CLZ)
- Location: Zambia
- State: Zambia
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Logistics/Transportation Jobs in Zambia
Background: Conservation Lower Zambezi (CLZ) is a non-profit, non-governmental organisation committed to the conservation and sustainable use of the local wildlife and natural resources of the Lower Zambezi for present and future generations of Zambia.
Job purpose: CLZ is looking to recruit a full time Stores and Logistics Officer who will be in charge of monitoring of all stores at the CLZ Base Camp. The selected candidate will be tasked with managing the daily issuing of fuel, food, vehicle spares, tools, construction material and other stock. The candidate will be expected to maintain a stock inventory, initiate credible stock control systems and present monthly reports to management.
The role will include but not be limited to the following tasks:
- Monitor the day-to-day stocks of fuel, food, vehicle spares, equipment and construction material in the stores.
- Manage daily issuing of stock for each programme as per request.
- Issuing of timely scheduled food rations to Base Camp staff, scouts and other projects.
- Establish and maintain a constant flow of Base Camp stock (spares, food, materials, and any relevant stock) by coordinating procurements with the Base Camp Manager and operations team.
- Report to management on stock levels, issues and discrepancies.
- Be responsible for receiving and checking of all stock using receipts.
- Ensure all stock is stored in the correct manner and make recommendations to improve general stores layout and appearance.
- Maintain accurate stock records, receipts and issuances in order to ensure accountability.
- Carry out regular stock-takes to ensure accurate balances.
- Ensure stores are kept closed at all times and that access is limited to authorised personnel only.
- Monitor and report inventory discrepancies, shortages or spare items.
- Ensure all inventory stock management systems are up to date at all times.
- Upgrade stock control systems.
- Write monthly reports of stock use.
- Check and promote compliance to health and safety practices in stores operations.
- Track and report unsafe and hazardous stock conditions including faults, damages and expiry dates.
- A minimum of a Diploma or Advanced Certificate in purchasing and supply, business administration, logistics or any relevant field, from a reputable institution.
- At least two years’ experience in stores management.
Core Competencies and Requirements
- Fluent oral and written communication skills in English.
- Excellent computer skills including strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Ability and experience to accurately keep records of stock, balance stock and create reports.
- Some knowledge in hardware material and motor vehicle spares preferred.
- Experience and awareness of conservation and rural development settings preferred.
- Ability to live and work in a remote camp environment.
- A driver’s license will be an added advantage.
The candidate must be able to demonstrate
- Strong organisational skills.
- A proactive approach to problem solving and innovation.
- High levels of integrity and honesty.
- Strong leadership skills.
- The ability to function effectively as part of a team.
- The ability to work without full time supervision.
Location: The CLZ Stores and Logistics Officer will be based at CLZ Base Camp on the border of the Lower Zambezi National Park on the banks of the Zambezi River.
Only candidates who meet the specified requirements should apply to the address indicated below, enclosing their Curriculum Vitae of not more than 3 pages, a 1-page cover letter, copies of educational certificates and information of 3 contactable references.
Applications to be emailed to: email@example.com.
Please use the subject line: Vacancy – CLZ Stores and Logistics Officer
Closing date: 10th of July 2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.