- Company: Chambeshi Water Supply and Sanitation Company Limited
- Location: Zambia
- State: Kasama
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Zambia
Chambeshi Water Supply and Sanitation Company Limited (ChWSSC), is the Utility Company based in Northern and Muchinga Provinces of Zambia providing Water Supply and Sanitation services under the provision of the Water and Sanitation Act No. 28 of 1997.
The vision of the Company is be “National Best Water Supply and Sanitation Services” and whose mission is to “Sustainably provide quality Water Supply and Sanitation services to the satisfaction of the customer while embracing innovation and Stakeholder support” with the focus to ensure quality and affordable water sanitation services.
To achieve this, the company endeavors to ensure that it has the adequate staff with the right skills.
The Company now invites applications from suitably qualified Zambians to fill the following vacancies:
1. REGIONAL MANAGER-SALARY GRADE CMS-3 REPORTING TO DIRECTOR TECHNICAL SERVICES
To plan, coordinate and monitor at regional/provincial level water production, treatment, distribution, sanitation, engineering and commercial services including customer relations so as to contribute to the financial viability and service delivery whilst complying with legal requirements and ensuring environmental protection.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepares and submits the regional activity-based budget on time and ensures that expenditure is within the approved budget.
- Ensures production, treatment and distribution of adequate and high-quality water, reduction in water losses to acceptable benchmark and provision of cost-effective water supply and sanitation services to the customers in the region/province in order to meet company objectives.
- Ensures 100% metering, High Billing and Revenue collection are carried out as planned in order to achieve or exceed the regional/provincial targets set.
- Monitors on regular basis the performance of plant, machinery and networks in the region/province and ensures adherence to maintenance schedules by the operating districts and also the daily performance of the districts on commercial principles.
- Proposes improvements in the design and deployment of plant and machinery for service improvement in the province/region.
- Monitors adherence to safety, health issues in the Province/Region to ensure safe operating environment for all staff in the province/region by initiating emergency drills and spot audits.
- Review’s quality results obtained for both water and sanitation in the region by the quality assurance officer and takes corrective action where results are above the set limits.
- Provides overall project management for the province/region’s approved CAPEX.
- Programme through specifying engineering studies and designs, supervision of internal project staff as well as contractors to ensure projects are completed with agreed time frames, cost and specifications.
- Provides overall commercial and technical input in all regional/provincial procurements of equipment and services by reviewing purchase requisitions and attendance to tender committee meetings.
- Presents regional/provincial quarterly, half yearly and annual reports to NWASCO the sector regulator and Environmental Council of Zambia on the region’s performance relative to the set sector standards.
- Prepares and presents regional/provincial quarterly commercial and technical reports to the subcommittee of the board and makes presentations to the board on follow up issues as necessary.
- Prepare business proposal for funding
- Provides regional/provincial commercial and technical input in investment funding initiatives commissioned by the region with major Donors, Agencies, etc.
- Supervises, Coaches, Motivates, develops and disciplines subordinates and agrees, monitors and reviews performance of subordinates in order to ensure that they work towards meeting their targets.
- Performs any other duties as assigned by the Company Hierarchy from time to time.
- Ensure that he/she attends stakeholders’ meetings at provincial leave
- Ensure that there are minimum critic spares of materials to reduce down time.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Grade 12 (Form V) School Certificate including Math & English.
- Bachelor Degree in Mechanical or Civil Engineering, or its Equivalent
- Proven Business Knowledge and practical experience in an engineering industry or Company.
- MBA will be added advantage
- Paid up member of EIZ or relevant Professional Bodies,
- Minimum of five (5 )Years practical work experience with at least 3 years at managerial level in a reputable institution
- Strategic /Business planning skills
- Highly developed leadership and management skills
- Computer literacy.
- High analytical skills and proven business acumen.
- Must be a registered with Engineering Institution of Zambia/Engineers Registration Board.
Closing date for receiving applications is Friday, 9th July, 2021. ChWSSC provides equal employment opportunities and those who meet the above qualifications and are interested can forward their applications, CVs and certified copies of their Academic and Professional Qualifications to:
The Director-Human Resources & Administration
P.O. Box 410397