- Company: Peace Corps Zambia
- Location: Zambia
- State: Zambia
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Logistics/Transportation Jobs in Zambia
Peace Corps Zambia wishes to invite applications from suitably qualified persons to fill the following position:
These are fixed short term contract which may occur over a two-year period (Eleven week training are held twice per year)
Location : Designated training location (Lusaka, Chipembi, or other rural location)
Daily Rate : On/around ZMW 388.00/Day
The Driver provides support to the Pre Service Training Center program by operating passenger motor vehicles in accordance with Peace Corps regulations and maintains vehicles in clean and serviceable condition. Complete trip tickets or other daily vehicle records as well as repairing motor vehicles.
- Completion of secondary school; Vocational training or apprenticeship recognized as producing journeyman mechanic skills preferred (Written references will be required)
- A minimum of five years professional driving experience for an international agency or a
transportation / tour company (operating passenger vehicles, manual transmission, 4×4 vehicle and off-road)
- A minimum of two years basic vehicle maintenance experience in a professional setting is required.
- Experience in bicycle maintenance and repair is required.
- Good working knowledge of English language is required.
- Knowledge of local traffic laws and area traffic patterns including a valid local driver’s license (class C or better) is required.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a medical clearance for driving and SMITH driving certification in accordance with Peace Corps Zambia and U.S. Embassy requirements.
In order to be selected for any of these positions, the applicant must be legally eligible to work in Zambia, must not have been employed in intelligence-related activities, and must submit an application that clearly documents how they meet each of the
For detailed job specifications and submission instructions, please visit the US Embassy website:
Applications and supporting documentation including a typed cover letter, CV, copies of educational certifications, and at least three traceable references that clearly document how you meet each of the above requirements must be submitted by close of business July 14, 2021. Address applications to:
Only email applications will be accepted and should be addressed to:
Email: ZM01email@example.com clearly stating your name and position applied for in the subject line of your email. (E.g. ‘John Doe’, Language and Cross Culture Coordinator)
Only short-listed candidates will be notified and no telephone inquiries will be entertained.
The United States Peace Corps is an Equal Opportunity Employer.