- Company: Seaghon Enterprises
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Part-Time
- Job category: Sales/Marketing Jobs in Zambia
About Seaghon Enterprises
Seaghon Enterprises is a startup Zambian business registered under Act No. 16 of 2011 of the Laws of Zambia, registration No. 320210024077. We are looking to hire an outgoing and creative individual to take up the role of Entry Level Part Time Purchasing & Sales Agent in our Sales and Marketing section.
Job Responsibilities & Requirements
- Select, examine and order merchandise consistent with quality standards.
- Negotiate price discounts, quantities and transportation arrangements with suppliers.
- Inspect products or merchandise to determine quality.
- Analyze trends, sales records and economic conditions so as to implement appropriate strategies that will maximize profitability.
- Maintain inventory.
- Maintain supplier relations and source new merchandise suppliers.
- Carry out direct sales, maintain customer relations and source new sales leads.
- The job requires traveling and camping for a few days at a time in the rural outskirts of the country at least twice every month. The job holder must be flexible enough to travel at short notice on any day including weekends. This is a strict requirement.
Qualifications and Experience
- School leaver with a full Grade 12 certificate.
- Certification in purchasing or supply chain management from a recognized institution would be ideal but it is not mandatory.
- Experience in sales and purchasing would be ideal but is not mandatory.
- Critical thinking and problem-solving – This job involves a certain degree of unpredictability.
- Organizational – Must be able to keep track of several inventory details at once with efficiency and without error.
- Collaboration – must be able to work well with others, even in difficult, high-pressure situations that require prompt action.
- Mathematics and statistical skills.
- Written communications skills.
- Must be able to work without supervision.
- Attention to detail and ability to follow instructions to the letter. This skill is critical.
Locality and Language Requirements
- Must be based within Lusaka.
- This job involves camping in rural areas and interfacing with indigenous residents of these areas. It is therefore ideal for the job holder to be able to communicate in multiple local languages.
- Entry level salaries will be paid monthly on commission basis. (ZMW 1,500 Estimated monthly salary depending on performance).
Send CVs and application letters to firstname.lastname@example.org describing how you meet the job requirements no later than 30th June, 2021. If you do not hear from us within 5 days after the deadline, you should assume that your application has not been successful. Only shortlisted candidates will be called for interviews.