- Company: Peace Corps Zambia
- Location: Zambia
- State: Zambia
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Zambia
Peace Corps Zambia wishes to invite applications from suitably qualified persons to fill the following position:
These are fixed short term contract which may occur over a two-year period (Eleven week training are held twice per year)
Language and Cross Culture Coordinator
Location : Designated training location (Lusaka, Chipembi, or other rural location)
Daily Rate : On/around ZMW 909.00/Day
The short-term Language and Cross-Culture Coordinator (LCC) will be supervised by the Training Manager. The incumbent will assist in the training of the language instructors in the methodology and procedures of Peace Corps Zambia’s Language Training Program. The Language and Cross-Culture Coordinator (LCC) will also supervise Language and Cross-Culture Facilitators. S/he will participate in the scheduling of language classes in collaboration with PST senior staff to a sign classes to language instructors and evaluate final LCFs’ performance.
- Possession of a Certificate/Diploma in Education/Adult Education is required. Possession of a Degree in Education/ Adult Education will be an added advantage.
- Five years’ professional experience teaching English language or Zambian Languages or Linguistics in a regular Zambian school or two years’ experience of Adult Education teaching/training or teaching Zambian languages to non-native adult speakers.
- Good working knowledge and fluency in English is required; must be a fluent speaker in any of the following languages: Bemba, Kaonde, Lenje, Lunda, Mambwe, Nyanja, Tonga and Tumbuka. Fluency in multiple languages is preferred.
- Excellent knowledge of grammar, idiomatic expressions, syntax, and pronunciation of the host country language and sound knowledge of the Zambian culture is required
- Two (2) years’ experience supervising learning and training activities will be required.
- Ability to ride a bicycle in a rural set up will be required.
- Computer literacy in Microsoft word, Excel and Power point
- Peace Corps’ Certification to administer and score Language Profile Interviews (LPI) will be an added advantage.
In order to be selected for any of these positions, the applicant must be legally eligible to work in Zambia, must not have been employed in intelligence-related activities, and must submit an application that clearly documents how they meet each of the
For detailed job specifications and submission instructions, please visit the US Embassy website:
Applications and supporting documentation including a typed cover letter, CV, copies of educational certifications, and at least three traceable references that clearly document how you meet each of the above requirements must be submitted by close of business July 14, 2021. Address applications to:
Only email applications will be accepted and should be addressed to:
Email: ZM01firstname.lastname@example.org clearly stating your name and position applied for in the subject line of your email. (E.g. ‘John Doe’, Language and Cross Culture Coordinator)
Only short-listed candidates will be notified and no telephone inquiries will be entertained.
The United States Peace Corps is an Equal Opportunity Employer.