- Company: Peace Corps Zambia
- Location: Zambia
- State: Zambia
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Zambia
Peace Corps Zambia wishes to invite applications from suitably qualified persons to fill the following position:
These are fixed short term contract which may occur over a two-year period (Eleven week training are held twice per year)
Language and Cross Culture Facilitator (Bemba, Kaonde, Lenje, Lunda, Mambwe, Nyanja, Tonga or Tumbuka).
Location : Designated training location (Lusaka, Chipembi, or other rural location)
Daily Rate : On/around ZMW 657.00/Day
The short-term Language and Cross-Culture Facilitator (LCF) will Prepare all relevant facilitating and learning materials and facilitate language and culture sessions, provide an oral report to the Language Coordinator after each language session on each trainee’s performance. Integrate technical vocabulary and culture into language sessions. Conduct language assessments,
simulation and Language Proficiency Interviews (LPI).
- Possession of a Certificate/Diploma in Education/Adult Education is required. Possession of a Degree in Education/ Adult Education will be an added advantage.
- Two years’ experience teaching English language or Zambian Languages or Linguistics in a regular Zambian school or two years’ experience of Adult Education teaching/training or teaching Zambian languages to non-native adult speakers.
- Good working knowledge and fluency in English is required
- Must be a fluent speaker and able to teach adult learners in any of the following languages: Bemba, Kaonde, Lenje, Lunda, Mambwe, Nyanja, Tonga and Tumbuka. Fluency and ability to teach in multiple languages is an added advantage.
- Excellent knowledge of grammar, idiomatic expressions, syntax, and pronunciation of the host country language and sound knowledge of the Zambian culture is required
- Ability to ride a bicycle in a rural set up will be required.
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Word, Excel and Power point
- Peace Corps’ Certification to administer and score Language Profile Interviews (LPI) will be an added advantage.
In order to be selected for any of these positions, the applicant must be legally eligible to work in Zambia, must not have been employed in intelligence-related activities, and must submit an application that clearly documents how they meet each of the
For detailed job specifications and submission instructions, please visit the US Embassy website:
Applications and supporting documentation including a typed cover letter, CV, copies of educational certifications, and at least three traceable references that clearly document how you meet each of the above requirements must be submitted by close of business July 14, 2021. Address applications to:
Only email applications will be accepted and should be addressed to:
Email: ZM01email@example.com clearly stating your name and position applied for in the subject line of your email. (E.g. ‘John Doe’, Language and Cross Culture Coordinator)
Only short-listed candidates will be notified and no telephone inquiries will be entertained.
The United States Peace Corps is an Equal Opportunity Employer