- Company: Peace Corps Zambia
- Location: Zambia
- State: Zambia
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Zambia
Peace Corps Zambia wishes to invite applications from suitably qualified persons to fill the following position:
These are fixed short term contract which may occur over a two-year period (Eleven week training are held twice per year)
Technical Trainer for the Linking Income, Food & Environment (LIFE) Project (x2).
Location : Designated training location (Lusaka, Chipembi, or other rural location)
Daily Rate : On/around ZMW 909.00/day
The Technical Trainer is responsible for facilitating sessions and assisting with the overall implementation and evaluation of the technical component of the Pre-Service Training. The Trainer will be expected to provide the Zambian context in any and all preparation, sessions and field practicals with the Trainees. S/he will assist with the design of an overall technical training using participatory and experiential approaches to address the competencies developed with emphasis placed throughout the PST on the integration of technical activities with language and cross-cultural training. Develop session plans using the Peace Corps’ session plan format and incorporating technical language objectives.
- A Diploma in Forestry or related field of study is required. A Degree in Forestry or related field of study will be an added advantage
- Three years of hands-on experience in Agro forestry, Conservation farming, bio-intensive gardening and income gener ating activities.
- Hands-on experience in grass roots development methodologies, including training and programming support
- Excellent adult learner’ facilitation skills to and community mobilization. Must have sound knowledge of the Zambian culture, be culturally sensitive to other cultures.
- Must have an excellent working knowledge of the English language (spoken and written).
- Computer literacy in Microsoft word, Excel and Power point
In order to be selected for any of these positions, the applicant must be legally eligible to work in Zambia, must not have been employed in intelligence-related activities, and must submit an application that clearly documents how they meet each of the
For detailed job specifications and submission instructions, please visit the US Embassy website:
Applications and supporting documentation including a typed cover letter, CV, copies of educational certifications, and at least three traceable references that clearly document how you meet each of the above requirements must be submitted by close of business July 14, 2021. Address applications to:
Only email applications will be accepted and should be addressed to:
Email: ZM01firstname.lastname@example.org clearly stating your name and position applied for in the subject line of your email. (E.g. ‘John Doe’, Language and Cross Culture Coordinator)
Only short-listed candidates will be notified and no telephone inquiries will be entertained.
The United States Peace Corps is an Equal Opportunity Employer.