- Company: RCZ Diaconia Response
- Location: Zambia
- State: Katete
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Healthcare/Medical Jobs in Zambia
The RCZ Diaconia Response (RCZDR) is a development wing of the Reformed Church in Zambia engaged in various community interventions in a bid to help up lift the livelihoods of every Zambian to enjoy life as created in the image of God. The RCZDR has been engaged, as Sub Recipient by CHAZ with support from the Global Fund, to implement specific Social behavior Change (SBC) activities under the Resilient and Sustainable Systems for Health (RSSH). The project will be implemented in 2 districts of Eastern province, namely Katete and Sinda. The project will promote good behavior to prevent Malaria through performance of community theatre, testing and treatment strategies especially for adolescent girls, young women, and people living with disabilities. The intervention will be for 3 year until December 2023.
We take this opportunity to invite applicants for the position of Malaria Elimination Project Coordinator. The appointment is on one year basis, renewable on satisfactory performance.
1. Major responsibilities include;
The Malaria Elimination Project Coordinator shall assist RCZDR in the implementation of the Malaria Elimination project in Katete and Sinda Districts. He/She shall report to the Program manager in Chipata. Among the duties to the office are:-
- Engage selected communities in Katete and Sinda, and mobilize them around Health Facility Catchment Area;
- Network with government relevant departments and other NGOs working in similar intervention to consolidate the projects development agenda;
- Coordinate and support work for trained Community Health Workers;
- Promote Social behavior strategies to promote healthy behaviors through health communication, social and community mobilization and distribution of information, education and communication strategies;
- Community theatre to communicate messages of good behaviors to prevent malaria and promote test and treatment especially for adolescent girls, young women, and people living with disabilities.
- Engage Traditional leaders to influence social behavior change relating to tradition and culture.
- Monitor all development work through follow ups in project sites;
- Prepare monthly reports and submit to the Program Manager
- Plan, coordinate and conduct stakeholder meetings in communities as per the work plan;
- Carry out other tasks as may be assigned the Program Manager and other senior management officers.
2. Minimum Qualifications and Experience;
- Should have full Grade 12 Certificate;
- Should be a Diploma holder in Health/Project Management or related fields;
- Should have sound knowledge in Community Mobilization and Health matters;
- Should have skills in leadership, planning, implementation, mobilization and motivational skills;
- At least 2 years’ experience community development or related field;
- Holder of a valid Riders License- a must;
- Strong written and oral communication skills in Nyanja and proficiency in English is essential;
- Must be computer literate i.e. e-mail, MS Word, power point and Excel;
- Must be emotionally stable and willing to serve with vulnerable communities;
- Must be a Christian;
Once recruited the Malaria Coordinator must be resident in KATETE District
Applications with detailed CVs should be addressed to the Executive Director under the following e-mail address: email@example.com not later than Friday 25th June 2021. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted