- Company: Planned Parenthood Association of Zambia (PPAZ)
- Location: Zambia
- State: Livingstone – Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Healthcare/Medical Jobs in Zambia
PLANNED PARENTHOOD ASSOCIATION OF ZAMBIA
The Planned Parenthood Association of Zambia (PPAZ) is a non-governmental and not for profit organisation and is affiliated to the International Planned Parenthood Federation (IPPF). The Association advocates for Sexual Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR) and supplements the efforts of government and other service providers in the provision of integrated Sexual and Reproductive Health services. With funding support of Global Fund through National HIV/AIDS/STI/TB Council (NAC), PPAZ seeks experienced and qualified persons to fill the following positions:
Clinical Officer Two (2) Positions 1 Livingstone and 1 Lusaka
The Clinical Officer will provide first referral level for out patients and managing clients as referred by the nurses. He/she will work with the other service providers to ensure quality of care service provision and efficiency is attained by the project. He/She will perform the following tasks:
- Screen and Implement test and start.
- Ensuring all people who pass through health facility services are tested, those that are positive are enrolled in care.
- Work hand in hand with health facility staff, community health workers, community leaders, pharmacy and lab staff to ensure availability of commodities and linkage of HIV positive patients into care.
- Reviewing to ensure completeness of patient’s files and taking the appropriate action
- Understanding of Monitoring and Evaluation and data review
- Initiate treatment to all HIV positive patients in the Pre-ART registers as tracked from way back before Test and Start
- Identify undiagnosed People Living with HIV (PLWHIV) using a strategic mix of testing services within and outside facilities to maximize yield and ensure immediate linkage to ART.
- Work with Pharmacy and Lab to strengthen the supply chain management and logistics of HIV testing kits and pharmaceutical commodities to meet demand.
- Able to identify failure and switch treatment.
- Able to order blood parameters at appropriate time lines
- Conduct regular data editing and updates as required
- Perform data quality control.
- Screen clients for STI treatment.
- Refer clients to other institutions for services not available at the clinic in consultation with the In-Charge.
- Provide counselling and testing for HIV and STIs and conduct counselling for other reproductive health concerns.
- Keep accurate records of all drugs received and issues encountered.
- Prepare and submit service statistics and reports on project activities timely.
- Ensure effective implementation of Behavioural Change Communication (BCC) activities.
- Prepare own work plan and participates in preparation of the project work plan.
- Ensure effective infection control in the clinic as per stipulated regulations.
- Grade 12 Certificate
- Diploma in Clinical Medicine from a recognized institution
- Must be a member of HPCZ
- Qualifications in Public Health will be added advantage
- At least 5 (Five) year’s work experience in a relevant field
- Respect clients’ rights
- Attention to detail
- Interpersonal skills
- Time management
- Able to work independently
- Ability to write reports.
- Proficient in computer skills
PPAZ is an equal opportunity employer
Please send your applications with detailed CV and clearly mark the position applied for not later than 2nd July, 2021 before close of business to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.