- Company: Mac Staffing Solutions
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Zambia
The Community Liaison Officer (CLO), under guidance of the Community Supervisor, will organize and participate in all community-related initiatives and is fully responsible for establishing strong partnerships within the community, health clinics, faith-based and cultural organizations. The CLO will communicate with community leaders, members, and others to sensitize about the study goals and procedures, support study logistics, and conduct assigned study procedures.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to the following:
- Under supervision of the Community Coordinator, assist the study survey team with liaising between community leaders and research staff to ensure proper recruitment, target enrollment, and quality data collection.
- Report all community misconceptions about research and address any concerns in an expeditious manner to the Community Coordinator and Study Coordinator.
- Provide high quality service to community members and participants by maintaining pleasant relationships, participant confidentiality, and privacy at all times.
- Be responsive to enquiries from participants’ partners and family members as required.
- Participate in household visits to conduct home-based surveys as needed.
- Promote positive public relations with patients, family members, and providers.
- Attend regular meetings with study staff and investigators to ensure communication of successes and struggles during execution of community surveys.
- Network/work in close conjunction with NGOs, community-based groups and other stakeholders to ensure activities are synergetic and build working relationships that will strengthen the study within Chawama and Misisi Wards
- Actively participate in problem solving and work collegially as part of the study team.
- Communicate with community leaders, community members, and others to sensitize about study goals and procedures and to support study logistics
- Serve as resource both internally and externally by supporting the goals of the household survey.
- Conduct assigned study procedures and adhere to procedural and international guidelines for research conduct. Activities may include mapping key structures, boundaries, and households within study sites, counseling participants, collecting data, interviewing participants and completing survey forms, and assisting with source document abstraction.
- Be accountable and responsible for study resources and supplies, such as data collection forms, participant files, study equipment, and facilities.
- Dress appropriately and maintain a professional and respectful attitude in the community
- Perform high quality work at all times.
- Attend team meetings, workshops, conferences and other meetings as requested.
- Any other duties or responsibilities found necessary for the successful implementation and functioning of assigned studies.
- Complete all required training, including routine Human Subjects Protection and Good Clinical Practices training.
- Acquire and maintain an in-depth knowledge of assigned study protocols.
- Assist managers in identifying training needs that will assist staff in data collection and quality assurance.
- Demonstrated ability to work with field staff in a role requiring schedule maintenance, problem resolution, quality control, and goal implementation.
- Be available to travel to field as needed, by GPZ car, public transport, or by foot for short distances
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work in a very high-pressure environment, handle multiple tasks simultaneously, set priorities and work with deadlines
- Very good interpersonal skills
- Good team player and is willing to learn
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Grade 12 Certification, Diploma in social work, counselling, or equivalent
- Strong command of English, Bemba, and Nyanja (written and verbal)
- Previous experience with community sensitization, community survey and/ or census work, one to two years minimum
- Counselling experience
- Experience in field data collection activities
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
Closing Date : 29th June, 2021.