- Company: Nathan Associates Inc.
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Zambia
Nathan is implementing the USAID Revenue for Growth Activity. The Activity aims to help Zambia improve domestic revenue mobilization (DRM) and expand the fiscal space for public spending and investments in service delivery and poverty reduction. The activity will engage both government and non-government stakeholders to build capacity in tax policy analysis, improve tax compliance and administration, and strengthen the tax culture in a manner that facilitates private sector growth and accountability relationships between taxpayers and the Government of the Republic of Zambia (GRZ).
Nathan is seeking a qualified Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Manager to design and implement the Activity’s MEL plan and provide support to the team in data analysis, management, and reporting, as well as facilitating Activity learning along with the Collaborating, Learning and Adapting Coordinator.
This position will report directly to the Chief of Party.
Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning System Design;
- Assist in designing the overall project MEL strategy, including the Activity Monitoring, evaluation and Learning Plan, and an effective MEL framework in consultation with the COP and visiting MEL experts; and
- Facilitate the development and establishment of appropriate indicators, targets, data collection tools, documentation systems and management information systems for reporting to the key stakeholders on progress towards achievement of targets for process, output and outcome indicators.
Data Analysis, Management and Reporting
- Conduct descriptive statistical analysis using programmatic datasets in preparation for MEL reporting;
- Serve as lead writer for monthly, quarterly, and annual MEL reports based on indicators outlined in the project performance monitoring plans; contribute to monthly, quarterly, annual and final programmatic progress reports; and
- Ensure that the project complies with all institutional reporting requirements.
Learning, Documentation and Sharing Lessons Learned
- Work with the COP and other project staff to develop and implement systems to use data to drive decision-making at all levels; and
- Work with local partners to ensure the collection of timely, relevant, and appropriate data needed for an effective MEL system to be utilized in the monitoring of strengths, weaknesses and gaps in existing programs and services, and to meet required reporting on donor commitments.
Data Management and Quality Assurance
- Develop and implement internal control systems that ensure the quality of all partner and project data, including facilitating routine data quality assessments, identifying deficiencies and supporting corrective actions to improve data quality.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in statistics/mathematics, social sciences, international affairs/development or a related discipline required;
- Master’s degree preferred;
- Experience managing the design and implementation of MEL activities of large-scale donor funded development projects, preferably related to economic growth;
- Understanding of data management and basic principles of database design and analysis;
- Strong experience working with Management Information Systems (MIS);
- Understanding of and experience with program monitoring, baseline, midterm and final evaluations;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Background in applied research methodology;
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills;
- Strong computer skills, with working knowledge of databases, spreadsheets, and statistical software packages; and
- Ability to work in a demanding environment under tight deadlines.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date : 7th July, 2021.