- Company: Planned Parenthood Association of Zambia (PPAZ)
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Healthcare/Medical Jobs in Zambia
PLANNED PARENTHOOD ASSOCIATION OF ZAMBIA
The Planned Parenthood Association of Zambia (PPAZ) is a non-governmental and not for profit organisation and is affiliated to the International Planned Parenthood Federation (IPPF). The Association advocates for Sexual Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR) and supplements the efforts of government and other service providers in the provision of integrated Sexual and Reproductive Health services. With funding support of Global Fund through National HIV/AIDS/STI/TB Council (NAC), PPAZ seeks experienced and qualified persons to fill the following positions:
Nurses Two (2) Positions: 1 Livingstone and 1 Lusaka
The nurse will assist the clinician in ensuring smooth implementation of the ART service delivery within the facility. He /She will directly support the health facility and community HIV prevention programs, strengthen referral and linkage services.
The nurse will be responsible and accountable to the In-Charge and will provide HIV services through both static and outreach sites. She/he will submit daily service reports to the Clinical Officer.
The Nurse will be responsible for:
- Improving the uptake of Viral load testing among the eligible clients.
- Ensuring proper documentation of Viral load.
- Intensifying effective communication of laboratory results to clients.
- Facilitating the utilisation of Laboratory results.
- Ensuring that all clients that qualify for intensive adherence counselling (IAC) have been enrolled.
- Intensifying the order of a follow up viral load test after completing IAC
- Compiling data and send project reports to the regional coordinator.
- the appropriate contraceptive methods and STI treatment.
- Refer clients to other institutions for services not available at the clinic.
- Participate in quarterly financial and material forecast.
- Prepare and submit timely service statistics and reports on project activities.
- Ensure effective implementation of Behavioral Change Communication activities.
- Prepare own work plan and participate in the preparation of the project work plan.
- Participate in the training of Peer Educators for the project.
- Ensure effective infection control in the clinic as per stipulated regulations.
- Grade 12 Certificate
- Registered Nurse
- At least 3 years in provision of ART and HIV related services.
- Registered with GNC
- Attention to detail
- Interpersonal skills
- Professional ethics
- Time management
- Able to work independently
PPAZ is an equal opportunity employer
Please send your applications with detailed CV and clearly mark the position applied for not later than 2nd July, 2021 before close of business to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.