- Company: at Planned Parenthood Association of Zambia (PPAZ)
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Healthcare/Medical Jobs in Zambia
PLANNED PARENTHOOD ASSOCIATION OF ZAMBIA
The Planned Parenthood Association of Zambia (PPAZ) is a non-governmental and not for profit organisation and is affiliated to the International Planned Parenthood Federation (IPPF). The Association advocates for Sexual Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR) and supplements the efforts of government and other service providers in the provision of integrated Sexual and Reproductive Health services. With funding support of Global Fund through National HIV/AIDS/STI/TB Council (NAC), PPAZ seeks experienced and qualified persons to fill the following positions:
Pharmacy Technologist Two (2): 1 Livingstone and Lusaka 1
The position will have a key role in ensuring the safety of therapy and assisting with adherence challenges to optimize treatment response to both HIV and HCV.
- Receive written prescription or refill requests and verifying that information is complete and accurate- Ensuring proper dispensing in the health centre.
- Pre-packing of medicines for dispensing.
- Enhancing rational drug use within the health centre.
- Timely and accurate dispensing of patients’ drugs.
- Monthly ordering of ARVS and 0I for the patients on HIV care and treatment.
- Ensuring cost effective selection of commodities for purchase.
- Order, label and count stock of medication and chemical supplies.
- Maintain proper storage, security conditions and records of pharmaceutical stocks.
- Ensuring timely requisition and inventory management.
- Tallying medicines received from supplies against invoices and checked for correctness of quantity, price/ batch numbers and expiry date.
- Maintain shelves and medicine clean.
- Maintain purchase records and invoice.
- Receive and store incoming supplies verify quantities against invoices and inform supervisors of stock needs.
- Forecasting drug needs for the health centre.
- Monitoring stock and informing supervisors of stock needs.
- Adherence Counselling of ARV patients and advising on drugs dispensed.
- Assessing adherence at every visit for improved individual patient care.
- Establish and maintain patient’s profiles, including list of medication taken by individual patients.
- Documenting and maintaining pharmacovilance report of any dispensed drugs and share with relevant authority.
- Streamlining data entered in computer for ensuring accurate data quality
- Preparing monthly, quarterly and annual reports relating to the project as per donor requirements.
- Diploma in pharmaceutical technology from a recognized institution.
- Training in HIV/AIDS.
- At least 3 years working experience.
- Member of HPCZ
- Implementation of activities leading to the desired effects.
- ART commodity management.
- Management for health systems strengthening.
- Integrity and honesty.
- Ethical work practices.
- Respect for diversity.
PPAZ is an equal opportunity employer
Please send your applications with detailed CV and clearly mark the position applied for not later than 2nd July, 2021 before close of business to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.