- Company: Nathan Associates Inc.
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Zambia
Nathan is implementing the USAID Revenue for Growth Activity. The Activity aims to help Zambia improve domestic revenue mobilization (DRM) and expand the fiscal space for public spending and investments in service delivery and poverty reduction. The activity will engage both government and non-government stakeholders to build capacity in tax policy analysis, improve tax compliance and administration, and strengthen the tax culture in a manner that facilitates private sector growth and accountability relationships between taxpayers and the Government of the Republic of Zambia (GRZ).
The success of the Activity in delivering superior client service depends on the quality and performance of its staff members. The Program presently implements the direct management of its administration through the Finance and Administration team. The Project Accountant will assist the Deputy Chief of Party – Finance and Administration with processing of payments, tracking partner and grantees accountabilities, tracking and clearing staff advances. ‘Clients’ are primarily the staff members. The position demands that the ‘clients’ interest and indeed the Activity’s interests are placed above all other considerations.
This position reports directly to the Deputy Chief of Party – Finance and Administration.
- Preparation of the provisional tax and final self-assessment computations and returns including filing with ZRA;
- Ensuring that all statutory returns and payments (e.g. PAYE, NAPSA) are submitted and payments made on time
- Ensure timely preparation and provision of monthly management accounts like Budget variance reports which assist in key program decisions;
- Manage the administrative activities relating to the finance function of the firm, ensuring that all financial data and records are safely and securely stored and archived so that the requirements of the auditors and fiscal and other authorities can be met;
- Maintain vouchers and receipts for all purchases and payments;
- Prepare documents and upload payments on an online banking system;
- Maintain control over petty cash;
- Process accounts receivable and other incoming deposits;
- Process payroll in a timely manner
- Ensure that all payments have been approved by the authorized personnel in writing, and to ensure that proper hard copies of all accounting records are kept;
- Track all advances whether for travel or program activities;
- Carry out thorough review and analysis of subcontractor invoices;
- Maintain database of charged hours of staff;
- Generate timesheet reports regularly and ensure 100% timesheet submission from staff monthly;
- Prepare quarterly and annual USAID VAT reports; and
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
Qualifications & Skills:
- The ideal candidate for the Project Accountant job placement should hold a University degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance or Economics;
- Accounting certification of ACCA or CPA is desired;
- A minimum of at least five years working experience with a USAID project or other international development organisation is required;
- The jobholder will be a proactive and efficient communicator with strong interpersonal skills; and
- The ability to work under pressure with minimal supervision and demonstrate discretion with common sense in discharging assigned responsibilities. Incumbent must recognise the need to consult and seek for help from superiors when in doubt.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
July 7, 2021