- Company: Mac Staffing Solutions
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Zambia
The QA/QC Coordinator is responsible for the supervision and management of field data collection activities in Chawama and Misisi Wards, research workflow support, process improvement, and quality assurance monitoring and control for all study procedures. The QA/QC Coordinator will work with the Study Coordinator, Field Supervisors, Research Assistants, and Data Management team in all aspects of data collection, data quality, and form completion. This role will help to enhance the quality, efficiency, and productivity of performance within research coordination and data management. The position is essential in helping train teams to reduce quality related problems and increase understanding of data collection.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to the following:
- Oversee field activities and logistics, provide leadership to field data collection teams, and monitor field data collection processes
- Participate in the development and validation of data collection and data quality tools, including adapting data collection tools to local contexts and piloting and iterating study questionnaires
- Conduct assigned study procedures and adhere to procedural and international guidelines for research conduct. Ensure that written and/or electronic informed consent is obtained, and appropriate consenting procedures are followed for literate, partially literate, or illiterate participants, before any study procedure is performed on any participant.
- Coordinate with study and laboratory staff to ensure that all samples are collected and processed according to study protocol.
- Ensure that surveys and all study forms are appropriately filled out according to study protocol and standard operating procedures and ensure data completeness before uploading data to the database.
- Attend to matters arising in the field during the data collection process.
- Monitor performance of quality control processes to identify any issues or ways to improve data collection or QA/QC processes
- Assist the Community and Study Coordinator in mapping enumeration areas, development of a line listing, and working with study staff to expand sampling as necessary to meet study targets
- Coordinate with Study Coordinator and Community Coordinator to ensure household visit schedule is developed, maintained, and followed.
- Assist managers in identifying training needs and training of study staff in data collection and quality assurance.
- Ensure that timelines are met with regards to data entry and data uploads.
- Assist in writing reports and preparing for monitoring visits and follow up post visit to ensure required changes/targets are achieved.
- Assist with drafting and updating study-specific Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Maintain strict participant confidentiality and privacy at all times.
- Be accountable and responsible for study resources and supplies, such as data collection forms, participant files, study equipment, and facilities.
- Ensure source data documents are obtained and certified copies made for study files.
- Fill in for study team members as needed.
- Participate in departmental planning activities, including all field training activities.
- Participate in the presentation of data to various internal and external stakeholders
- Communicate with fellow staff members openly and honestly about study progress, issues, and/or problems that may arise
- Actively participate in problem solving
- Work collegially as part of the study team
- Effectively collaborating with the staff as necessary
- Assist with study translations and back-translations as requested.
- Perform high quality work at all times.
- Attend team meetings, workshops, and other meetings as requested.
- Any other duties or responsibilities found necessary for the successful implementation and functioning of assigned studies.
- Acquire and maintain an in-depth knowledge of assigned study protocols.
- Complete all required training, including routine Human Subjects Protection and Good Clinical Practices training.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel; experience with electronic data collection
- Keen attention to detail and data accuracy.
- Strong communication skills
- Strong command of English, Bemba, and Nyanja (written and verbal)
- Must be organized and an independent worker with the ability to work with minimum supervision in a very high-pressure environment, handle multiple tasks simultaneously, and set priorities
- Ability to work with deadlines and has a positive, sober, and mature attitude as a team player
- Very good interpersonal skills and good team player
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Grade 12 certificate
- Degree in a field related to Public Health or equivalent with 5 years of relevant experience or Diploma with 7 years’ experience
- Previous experience in QA/QC and/or Supervisory role in field data collection; 2 – 3 years
- Familiarity with Document Control, and Quality Management Systems
- Research experience with field survey collection; 2-3 years
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
Closing Date : 28th June, 2021.