- Company: Lubambe Copper Mine Limited
- Location: Zambia
- State: Chililabombwe
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Zambia
Lubambe Copper Mine is located within the Greater Konkola Area of the Zambian Copperbelt and consists of a large – scale mining license covering an area of approximately 228 square kilometres.
Completed and commissioned in 2012, Lubambe is an underground operation supported by a shaft and decline access with a 2.5 million tonne per annum capacity ore concentrator. The mine’s current depth is 450meters producing a high-grade copper concentrate which is then treated at Zambian smelters.
The mine currently employs 1, 125 direct employees, a further 1,200 contractors. It places the highest priority on safety with a world class safety system.
Supporting local communities and suppliers is a key business focus of the mine.
EMR Capital owns an 80% controlling interest in Lubambe while ZCCM-IH owns 20%.
The Mine seeks to employ experienced and qualified individuals in the following positions:
ALTERNATE PROJECT MANAGER (X1)
This position reports to the Project Manager
Core Purpose of the Position
To assist the Project Manager, manage the mining contractors and ensure continuity of improvement projects during the Project Managers absence.
Key Performance Areas/Indicators (KPA/Is):
- Perform duties as acting Project Manager in the absence of the Project Manager.
- Attend daily contract meetings and collect performance and physicals information.
- Monitor the contractor’s daily goals and targets to ensure they are in line with short, medium and long-term plans.
- Chair weekly contractor progress meetings to manage actions to and from contractors.
- Conduct routine inspections of underground works.
- Manage a team of Project Engineers to ensure quality assurance and quality controls are complied with.
- Compile daily, weekly and monthly reports.
Academic Qualifications and Experience
- A degree in Mining Engineering.
- At least two years’ experience working in underground mines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-starter with ability to work independently and collaboratively with others.
- Computer proficient in Microsoft Word, Outlook, Power Point and Excel.
- High level of leadership skills with the ability to perform well in a team environment with good listening abilities and good problem-solving skills.
Applicants who meet the above requirements are invited to send their Curriculum Vitae in MS word format to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate the job title of the job you are applying for in the subject line of your e-mail. The closing date for receipt of applications is Sunday 4th July 2021
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.