- Company: Malmak Sun Power Energy Limited
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Legal Jobs in Zambia
Malmak Sun Power Energy Ltd is a Zambian company established in the Republic of Zambia and was registered under the registration of business names Act Nº 16 of 2011 of the laws of Zambia on 20th March 2018; is incorporated as a company registration No: 120200001184. The company’s principal line of business is to supply reliable electricity through the generation of renewable energy.
Therefore, it has become necessary for Malmak S.P.E Ltd to seek and employ creative and experienced candidate to fill in the executive management position below;
The ideal candidate will have an analytical mind and great organizational skills. The goal will be to ensure the project is delivered on time according to requirements and without exceeding budget.
The Chief Legal Officer (CLO) is the head of the corporate legal department and is responsible for the legal affairs of the entire corporation. This role involves providing legal counsel to the board of directors, chairman of the board, chief executive officer, and other senior management. CLOs must possess strong initiative, as well as excellent management and leadership skills, and strong business acumen.
Job Responsibilities CLO:
- Developing and leading corporate legal strategy to promote and protect the company’s matters
- Developing and leading internal audit and corporate compliance programs
- Overseeing the delivery of legal services and resources to accomplish corporate goals, strategies, and priorities
- Maintaining proper corporate interactions with the relevant local, state, and federal governmental bodies, legislatures, and the community at large
- Advising the CEO and other senior corporate officers on a variety of issues
- Participating in the formulation of general management policy as a member of the executive management team
- Managing a team of corporate counsel and other members of the legal department
- Ability to develop and deliver presentations
- Demonstrated ability to successfully manage a large corporate
- Skill in budget preparation and fiscal management
- Ability to provide competent legal advice and counsel to the senior management team on a wide range of legal and policy issues
- Knowledge of the range of applicable laws and regulations which impact all facets of energy industry policy and operations
- Ability to analyze and interpret issues and to prepare legal opinions
- Ability to communicate and interact with officials at all levels of government
- Ability to foster a cooperative work environment
- Negotiating skills
- Knowledge and understanding of institutional policies and procedures and the regulatory environment within which they operate
- Knowledge of contract law
- Knowledge of financial/business analysis techniques
- Knowledge of the judicial system and procedures
- Knowledge of legal documentation procedures and requirements
Education and Experience:
- Degree from a Bar Association accredited law school; at least 10 years of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified. Member of the State Bar, or member in good standing of the State Bar of another country.
- Completed degree(s) from an accredited institution that is above the minimum education requirement may be substituted for experience on a year for year basis.
Candidates meeting the above qualification should submit a letter of application and a detailed CV to;
The Steering Committee,
02 Uganda Avenue,
Kabwe, ZM 10101
The closing date is 16th July 2021 at 17:00 hours
Applications will remain confidential. An application in itself does not entitle the applicant to an interview. Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview.
“With Effort Comes Success”