- Company: People In Need
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Graduates Jobs in Zambia
The DPRP Officer will be responsible for implementation of all project activities related to livelihood support (Emergency Cash Transfers) to vulnerable urban dwellers and rolling out Hazard, Vulnerability and Capacity Assessments (HVCA) in order to prepare Emergency Preparedness and Response Plans (EPRP) in selected settlements of Lusaka. The role requires management relations with project stakeholders incl. community leaders, government officials, Disaster Management and Mitigation Unit (DMMU), suppliers and other consortium partners.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
- In collaboration with local authorities and community members selects, screen and verifies beneficiaries of Emergency Cash Transfers in the target settlements.
- Organize, manage and supervise the distribution of cash to selected beneficiaries.
- Ensures timely Post Distribution Monitoring and analyze the findings
- Supports roll out of Public Health Campaigns focused on prevention of COVID 19 in selected settlements.
- Support adaptation and roll out of Participatory Hazard, Vulnerability and Capacity Assessment (PHVCA) and Emergency Preparedness and Response Plan (EPRP) to urban context.
- Supports the constituency and Ward Development Committee to develop the Emergency Preparedness and Response Plans (EPRP)
- Regularly reviews project timeframe, indicators and budget to ensure the project meets all targets.
- Manages relations with project stakeholders such as community leaders, government officials and staff at the target health facilities.
- Reports to Project Manager on implementation of project activities and utilization of financial resources.
- Works with the MEAL Assistant in rolling out Complaints and Feedback Response Mechanisms (CFRM) in the target communities.
- Stores official project documentation in orderly manner (both soft and hard copies).
- Ensures that project documentation is properly generated, approved & archived in internal databases according to PIN and donor guidelines.
Qualification and Experience
- Diploma (or a degree) in relevant field (Project Management, Disaster Management,
- Development Studies or any other relevant field)
- At least 2-3 years of experience humanitarian/ development assistance in social protection programmes (experience in cash assistance will be an advantage)
- Experience in community mobilization and community awareness raising campaigns
- Experience of working for an international non-governmental organization is an advantage
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team
- Experience in working with key local stakeholders (community leaders, government officials, health facility staff, etc.)
- Fluency in written and spoken English (fluency in Nyanja language preferred for the Lusaka Province)
- Understanding of and experience in project cycle management is beneficial
- Willingness to spend at least 80% of time in the field working with the target communities, community-based volunteers and government sub-district workers
- Female candidates are especially encouraged to apply
Please apply before 5th July 2021. Due to limited capacity we will contact only shortlisted candidates.
Submit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here