- Company: Unicef
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Temporary
- Job category: IT/Telecom Jobs in Zambia
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
Children deserve the best and we never give up.
The Unicef Programme of Cooperation with the Government of the Republic of Zambia (GRZ) is designed to address and mitigate the threat of poverty the country’s children face, while responding to the needs with interventions addressing the multiple causative factors.
How can you make a difference?
Take this opportunity to join the vibrant Health and HIV/AIDS Section, under the supervision of the HIV/AIDS Manager, and in technical collaboration with the Health Specialist – Maternal and Newborn Health (MNH), the incumbent will ensure that he/she provides technical support to the planning, implementation, monitoring, evaluation and documentation of the HIV programme output focusing on the Prevention of Mother To Child Transmission (PMTCT) of HIV and the HIV/AIDS response among children aged 0 to 9 years.
Responsibilities and Tasks:
The incumbent will be responsible for the following:
- Support to PMTCT of HIV and Paediatric HIV programme development and planning
- Programme implementation, monitoring and delivery of results for PMTCT and Paediatric HIV
- Networking and partnership building to strengthen PMTCT and Paediatic HIV programme results
- Innovation, knowledge management and capacity building to promote effective and efficient PMTCT and Paediatric HIV programme implementation
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have;
- Bachelor’s degree in Medicine, Nursing, Public Health, Biomedical Sciences or related health discipline. Master’s degree is an asset.
- Minimum of two years’ experience in PMTCT and Paediatric HIV programme planning and implementation.
- Good understanding of Zambia’s health and HIV programme policy and strategic priorities for PMTCT and Paediatric HIV.
- Experience in supporting and coordinating project activities across a large organization and with multiple collaboration entities (Government, local organizations, donors).
- Ability to research, analyse, evaluate and synthesize information
For every Child, we serve you
Unicef’s values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, and Accountability (CRITA) and core competencies required in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
The core competencies required for this post are…
- Builds and maintains partnerships (I)
- Demonstrates self-awareness and ethical awareness (I)
- Drive to achieve results for impact (I)
- Innovates and embraces change (I)
- Manages ambiguity and complexity (I)
- Thinks and acts strategically (I)
- Works collaboratively with others (I)
Unicef is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
Unicef has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and Unicef, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. Unicef also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks. Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
Unicef.org/mob/cw/en-us/job/541480″ target=”_blank” rel=”noopener”>Submit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 7th July, 2021.