- Company: SoCha LLC
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Consulting Jobs in Zambia
SoCha (a portmanteau of Social and Change) is an independent Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (ME&L) firm that provides bespoke solutions to social challenges. Since our inception in 2010, we have grown into a fully-fledged MEL services firm specializing in advancing innovative methodologies and changing the way donors find solutions to social problems.
USAID/Zambia has a diverse portfolio with programs in the following areas: Health (HIV/AIDS, Maternal and Child Health, Family Planning and Reproductive Health, Water Supply and Sanitation, Nutrition, Malaria, Tuberculosis); Education (basic education and early child development); Economic growth (Agriculture policy support, private sector, economic opportunity, energy, environment, global climate change, wildlife conservation, energy); and Democracy, Right and Governance (the rule of law and human rights, good governance, political environment, and consensus-building, civil society).USAID/Zambia’s new Performance Management Plan (PMP) is fully aligned to its new CDCS.
For the purpose of this activity, USAID/Zambia Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Platform (Z-MELP) is defined as an implementing mechanism that gives the mission access to technical and advisory services to design and carry out specialized multiple, third-party, MEL tasks including practices, processes, and requirements that support Program Cycle implementation.
Overview of the role:
The Senior Evaluator will ensure the coherent and high-quality integration of the following additional analysis components:
- Qualitative Comparative Analysis (QCA);
- Outcome Harvesting (OH) and other qualitative data components, and
- Qualitative Impact Assessment Protocol (QuIP)
In addition to overseeing and implementing the components, the Senior Evaluator will build relevant capacity among the local team through learning-by-doing.
To successfully meet the objectives outlined above, the Senior Evaluator will:
- Review all relevant EDGE activity and evaluation documentation;
- Provide oversight for QCA, OH, other qualitative data components;
- Assess the value of QuIP for the evaluation and oversee component if deemed valuable;
- Support co-creation of QCA model and instruments for relevant analysis components;
- Deliver analysis for evaluation components and integrate local staff into the implementation of analysis components to allow for learning-by-doing;
- Participate and present findings in client meetings and meetings with other stakeholders as needed;
- Draft evaluation report sections for analysis component and ensure their coherent integration of into and support overall report, and
- Provide senior-level technical evaluation guidance as needed.
A local team of enumerators will support the consultant for data collection and transcription.
- An advanced degree;
- A minimum of three years of experience of working on USAID-funded activities or directly with the Mission;
- A minimum of seven years of experience in MEL working on international development programs;
- Experience with USAID’s program cycle;
- Extensive expertise in evaluations and at least two of the following disciplines: performance management/monitoring; data management; CLA; and knowledge
- Familiar with ADS 201 MEL-related requirements, incl. latest revisions;
- Experience in training and organizational capacity building, particularly in the disciplines above;
- Experience designing or delivering utilization-focused performance or impact evaluations;
- Experience with EMMPs;
- An understanding of how to select optimal mixed methods during evaluation design;
- English language proficiency, and
- Fully paid-up member of Zambia Monitoring and Evaluation Association (ZAMEA);
Closing Date : 7th July, 2021.