- Company: KEDA Zambia Ceramics Company Limited
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Healthcare/Medical Jobs in Zambia
KEDA Zambia Ceramics Company Limited is a joint venture with presence in West Africa and East Africa and is headquartered in China. Currently KEDA is the world’s biggest ceramic company and clean coal gasification system supplier. With 26 years continuous development, devoting on “limitless innovation and pursuit of better forever”, KEDA has been the leading representative in the ceramic industry in the world.
A safety officer performs various functions in making sure that hazardous situations in workplaces are curbed, and that the safety of employees/workers within a particular organization is assured at all times.
Identify and develop relevant training programs for company workers and management
Keep record of safety-related accidents within a particular time frame
Recommend appropriate protective equipment that workers should wear while carrying out tasks
Supervise the installation of potentially harmful equipment and the disposal of hazardous substances
Stop the continuation of processes that are deemed harmful to the health of workers
Review existing safety policies and update them where necessary
Carry out or organize important safety-related training within the company or organization
Conduct an assessment of possible risks and ensure that preventive measures are taken.
- Must have excellent communication skills to pass important messages (safety precautions) to workers and management in a way that is clear to everyone concern
- Must possess excellent interpersonal skills to relate effectively with workers and managers
- Must have a keen eye for even the smallest of details
- Must have excellent coordination and organizational abilities
- Must be someone that can easily motivate other workers
- Must be willing to work as part of a team and even to lead a team if required to do so
- Must have good leadership skills to be able to carry everyone along and achieve set goals
- Must have in-depth knowledge of safety legislation and procedures/processes
- Must have basic knowledge of data reporting processes
Minimum of a Diploma or Bachelor’s degree in Safety Management.
- 2 years work experience as a safety officer in an established firm or company
- Must have the relevant safety management certification that is required to work as a safety officer
To apply for this job email your details to Kedazambiajobs@gmail.com
Closing Date : 2nd July, 2021.