- Company: MTN Zambia
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Zambia
The key responsibilities for this role include but not limited to the following:
- Develops and implements proactive strategies which guarantee that MTN’s operating licenses are safeguarded;
- Responsible for stakeholder management and maintain an amicable working relationship with regulators and ensure sustainable stakeholder engagement;
- Builds capacity within MTN Zambia on comply with regulatory and legal requirements and also practices good corporate governance and effective leadership;
- Provides leadership in managing regulatory disputes and legal litigation involving MTN Zambia;
- Monitors and keeps MTN Zambia abreast with legal and policy developments, bills and new policies within the legislative/regulatory area;
- Analyses Regulatory trends and ensures that the business is informed accordingly in order to be able to prepare for changes proactively and proactively influences regulatory trends to the benefit of MTN;
- Provides Regulatory and compliance related input into the development of operational plans and strategies of other business units;
- Establishes, develops and maintains effective corporate relationship with identified Government stakeholders;
- Prepares periodical and Group reports on the performance of the department as required.
- Grade 12 certificate with 5 credit or better of which English and Mathematics are a must;
- 4-year University Degree in any relevant experience;
- Admitted as Legal Practitioner with a valid practicing license;
- Possession of an MBA/ Masters or Post Graduate Business Qualification will be advantageous;
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in telecommunications including: Manager track record of 5 years or more in a fast-moving industry; with at least 3 years in Economic, Public Policy and Legal Administrative Law;
- Experience working in a global/multinational enterprise (understanding emerging markets advantageous);
- Strategic understanding of the Zambian telecommunication’s regulatory environment;
- Working experience on Commercial and interoperate and other regulated agreements;
- Experience in dealing with local, Provincial and National Government officials.
- Regulatory experience/ prior employment at a Regulator.
- Experience in public submissions and public hearings pertaining to Regulatory issues.
Women are strongly encouraged to apply
Closing Date : 5th July, 2021.