- Company: Chengelo School
- Location: Zambia
- State: Mkushi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Zambia
- Come and be part of an exciting team, of expert teachers with a history of outstanding results.
- Join a Christian School whose vision is to provide the best quality education to produce future generations of leaders for Zambia
- Be part of a unique community centred around the school in rural Zambia.
- Be part of a boarding school with excellent accommodation, sporting facilities, a school farm, clinic, and outstanding outdoor education centre.
- Share in our School Core values which are Faith, Integrity, Servant heartedness, Perseverance, Creativity, and Responsibility.
This is an exciting middle leadership opportunity to join a successful team in an expanding school. Chengelo School looks for committed Christians; passionate about their faith, passionate about outstanding pastoral care and have a track record of success. As the leading Independent boarding School in Zambia, we are committed to the development of the whole child, intellectually, physically, socially, emotionally and spiritually. You will need a commitment to all these areas to ensure that we fulfil this. We are looking for a caring and responsible individual to join our pastoral team. As part of the pastoral team the Pastoral Head will be responsible for maintaining an overview of the well-being of the junior girls, including their pastoral needs, discipline and academic progress. In order to achieve this the Pastoral Head will co-ordinate the work of the tutors and hostel parents.
QUALIFICATIONS & TRAINING:
- A qualification in Child Protection or Guidance and Counseling/teaching would be an added advantage
- Successful experience working with children in a school environment
- Ability to write detailed reports and complex letters
- Ability to demonstrate effective implementation of the school’s behaviour management policy
- Good understanding of the school organisation, timetable and learning and pastoral support systems
- Confidence to tackle students who are not adhering to the School rules
- Ability to relate to young people
- Ability and willingness to work in a multi-cultural environment
- Willingness to work unsociable hours
- Ability to be proactive, flexible and reliable
PROFESSIONAL SKILLS, ABILITIES AND QUALITIES
- Committed Christian looking to serve with a vision for Christian Leadership
- Understand and support the Christian ethos of our School, including the spiritual development of the pupils and the school’s role within the community.
- Evidence of working as a team member and leading by example
- Confidence in spoken and written English
Chengelo School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All posts are subject to Satisfactory teacher registration check, police check, referee checks, identification verification and the requirement to disclose any information relevant to the candidate’s eligibility to engage in activities involving young people.
For further details including job specifications and an application form please visit our website: www.chengeloschool.org/work-with-us/
Please note that if you do not fill in a Chengelo application form we will not be able to consider your application
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
Closing Date : 5th July, 2021.