- Company: Nathan Associates Inc.
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Zambia
Nathan is seeking a Public-Private Dialogue Specialist to support the USAID Zambia Revenue for Growth Activity. The activity will help Zambia improve domestic revenue mobilization and expand the fiscal space for public spending and investments in service delivery and poverty reduction. The activity will also engage both government and non-government stakeholders to build capacity in tax policy analysis, improve tax compliance and administration, and strengthen the tax culture in a manner that facilitates private sector growth and accountability relationships between taxpayers and the Government of Zambia. The four objectives are as follows:
- Tax and Non-Tax Revenue Administration and Compliance Improved
- Tax Policy Strengthened
- Public-Private Dialogue
- Enhanced capacity to address other fiscal policy and management priorities as they emerge
The Public Private Dialogue Specialist (PPD) Objective 3 Lead, under the direction of the Chief of Party, will lead the design and implementation of activities under Objective 3. S/he will be responsible for the development and implementation of technical assistance activities that increases engagement with CSOs and independent media, and strengthens and enhances the relationship between the GRZ, the private sector, donors, and local communities. S/he will engage in activities that result in building capacity to analyze, engage, and report on fiscal issues and ultimately improve fiscal transparency. S/he will also be responsible for the supervision of long-term staff working under Objective 3, including direct short-term technical assistance, and collaborate with other Objective Leaders.
The PPD specialist will build the GRZ and private sector capacity to effectively engage each other using PPD mechanisms and will serve as the technical lead for the development and implementation of technical assistance activities under Objective 3. The Objective 3 Lead will provide technical assistance and support to initiate and maintain dialogue between the public and private sectors to establish viable processes, approaches, and frameworks to improve collaboration between the GRZ and the public and private sectors. The PPD specialist is expected to conduct stakeholder workshops, learning and training sessions to improve stakeholder engagement, and develop and establish a PPD mechanism that promotes communication, engagement, and dialogue between the government ministries, especially the ministry of Finance, civil society, and other stakeholders. The PPD specialist, where required, will contribute to the fiscal policy and political economy analysis.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field including economics, social sciences, public administration, public policy, law, or business administration. Master’s degree or equivalent experience preferred.
- At least five (5) years of combined experience working in either the public or private sectors in a professional or advisory capacity, with Zambian or international organizations.
- Demonstrated record of extensive experience in CSO mapping and coordination preferably including training and capacity building, and development or engagement with media products.
- Ability to interact and advise senior government officials, business representatives, and other counterparts on public private dialogue.
- Prior experience with the tax issues or Zambia Revenue Authority or the Zambian Ministry of Finance in a policy setting or supervisory capacity is preferred. Experience conducting Political Economy Analysis (PEA) is a plus.
Preferred Additional Qualifications
- Previous work experience on USAID-funded projects.
- Understanding of and experience with public finance, tax and/or EITI issues in Zambia.
- Experience conducting political economy analysis, developing media and outreach strategies.
- Experience working with photography and videography equipment and relevant processing software.
- Capacity building and training experience
To apply for this job email your details to RGARecruiting@nathaninc.com
Closing Date : 16th July, 2021.